*OFFICIAL* 16G Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
22engine said:
Someone else and its a superman mushroom he just updated it lol. I want to do a wall of mushrooms though.

Haha oh alright.. wall of mushrooms would look pretty cool :) I'm not sure what I wanna do as far as corals.. I want to get an anemone but then I was thinking of just getting a hammer coral bc I heard clowns can host them also sometimes

DanS180 said:
Haha oh alright.. wall of mushrooms would look pretty cool :) I'm not sure what I wanna do as far as corals.. I want to get an anemone but then I was thinking of just getting a hammer coral bc I heard clowns can host them also sometimes

They can. It is really hit or miss with everything. My BW clown won't go near the nem and I just but a decent size torch coral in and he hadn't been near it yet. He had decided to host the rear wall on the left side near one of my power heads lol. Just

22engine said:
They can. It is really hit or miss with everything. My BW clown won't go near the nem and I just but a decent size torch coral in and he hadn't been near it yet. He had decided to host the rear wall on the left side near one of my power heads lol. Just

Haha yeah I heard of them hosting power heads and intake tubes and stuff like that.. goofy fish haha well I think I'm gonna get 1 occy clown today, another hermit like I said, n go from there

Would it be okay if I bought an occy right now n then added another one down the road? I heard they might fight if they aren't added at the same time or relatively close to each other. Another question I have is, should I buy other hermit shells and just toss em in there so the hermits can change if they want?

DanS180 said:
Haha yeah I heard of them hosting power heads and intake tubes and stuff like that.. goofy fish haha well I think I'm gonna get 1 occy clown today, another hermit like I said, n go from there

Would it be okay if I bought an occy right now n then added another one down the road? I heard they might fight if they aren't added at the same time or relatively close to each other. Another question I have is, should I buy other hermit shells and just toss em in there so the hermits can change if they want?

For the first. You can add another one later but it will have to be smaller than the one in the tank already. To your second question yes you want extra shells for them to change into cause if the don't have shells and you have snails, well let's just say you won't have snails anymore lol.

22engine said:
For the first. You can add another one later but it will have to be smaller than the one in the tank already. To your second question yes you want extra shells for them to change into cause if the don't have shells and you have snails, well let's just say you won't have snails anymore lol.

They are best to add together though. I added my two clowns together as my first fish after the cycle. If you can afford it I would do it now. They are pairing fish so together is best. The main thing is just to watch our levels and I can't stress enough about the importance or weekly water change. I do 5 gallons a week. This will keep thins running smoothly. You will probably be maxed in fish after two tough. Maybe a real small nano fish like a clown goby or something

22engine said:
They are best to add together though. I added my two clowns together as my first fish after the cycle. If you can afford it I would do it now. They are pairing fish so together is best. The main thing is just to watch our levels and I can't stress enough about the importance or weekly water change. I do 5 gallons a week. This will keep thins running smoothly. You will probably be maxed in fish after two tough. Maybe a real small nano fish like a clown goby or something

Yeah so I hear lol my tanks too small :/ well then I guess ill get 2 clowns today and some extra shells :) see how it goes.. and yeah I'll be up on my water changes, like I said I'm gonna do one before I add the new fish today :)

DanS180 said:
Yeah so I hear lol my tanks too small :/ well then I guess ill get 2 clowns today and some extra shells :) see how it goes.. and yeah I'll be up on my water changes, like I said I'm gonna do one before I add the new fish today :)

Then just make sure you drip them for awhile. Usually 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

22engine said:
Then just make sure you drip them for awhile. Usually 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Yeah definitely, can I just put them in a bowl with the water they come in and slowly mix the water together?? Or is there a better way to do it?

I use air line tubing to make a siphon from my tank down into their container with two knots in the tube to adjust flow to around 2 drips a second

Mrc8858 said:
I use air line tubing to make a siphon from my tank down into their container with two knots in the tube to adjust flow to around 2 drips a second

That could work, I have spare air line tubing laying around :) cool thanks!

22engine said:
Agreed with MRC airline is the best way.

I'll be sure to take pictures when they settle in, im also goin to get some more lil pieces of LR too hopefully :)

DanS180 said:
I'll be sure to take pictures when they settle in, im also goin to get some more lil pieces of LR too hopefully :)

Nice. I really want to do a second and. I can get a brand new biocube 14 but not sure yet.

22engine said:
Nice. I really want to do a second and. I can get a brand new biocube 14 but not sure yet.

Yeah I already wanna upgrade my tank already but I can't bc of limited space :/ i have a 180G freshwater in my dining room haha always have thoughts of turning that into a saltwater but could prob never afford it lol

I hear ya. That's why I want to do another nano. Could put it in my room on in the kids room. Well or the kitchen lol

22engine said:
I hear ya. That's why I want to do another nano. Could put it in my room on in the kids room. Well or the kitchen lol

Yeah i always think of odd places to put lil tanks lol my gf calls me crazy but its a hobby I really enjoy so oh well :)

DanS180 said:
Yeah i always think of odd places to put lil tanks lol my gf calls me crazy but its a hobby I really enjoy so oh well :)

My wife like to watch the tank so I might have to

I had to fold and setup a seahorse tank for the ok for my tanks lol.. well worth it cause I love seahorse tanks and probably would have eventually anyways but don't tell her that :x haha

Mrc8858 said:
I had to fold and setup a seahorse tank for the ok for my tanks lol.. well worth it cause I love seahorse tanks and probably would have eventually anyways but don't tell her that :x haha

That's an idea. Gotta look into it. Are the hard to keep.

Haha yeah only reason I was allowed to do the SW tank is bc she wanted a "Nemo" haha I don't think she cares for my FW tank

Back
Top Bottom