Ok ladies! Need fashion help! (men's opinions welcome too)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I have my brother's wedding on the 20th of this month down in Florida. I am not very keen on my soon to be sister-in-law, but she doesn't beat him, so I have no right to say anything (in my opinion). So, since this means a lot to my brother and parents, I will try and get myself psyched/happy.

Here's what I need advice on:

1. Hair styles. I have very long (a tad past my waist-line) hair. It's naturally wavy and is brown on top and blond towards the bottom (stopped dying it) and am thinking of some sort of a half-updo...suggestions please.

2. Nails. My dress is all black except for 2 little decorative silver thingies on the spaghetti straps (one on each strap). Are there any alterrnatives to the french manicure that looks really nice (all I get are french manicures for special occasions and am tired of them).

Shoes are no problem...black sandals. The wedding will be on the beach in the evening.

Any and all suggestion please! I am not very fashion savvy, nor do I care to follow the latest trends, so I really have no idea! Thanks!

Why don't you get your hair trimmed and get rid of the blond?
For nails- light sheer pink.

Kim

I have long hair too (mid back) and fairly curly. For my sisters wedding I just took the sides of my hair and had them held back by a pretty clip in the back.
The sheer pink is good on the nails. You can also get little jewels that you can put on the tips that fancy it up a bit.

The nails in the picture are a bit much, but you could do something much simpler.

I'd pull the sides back into a clip and have a few pieces haging on the sides. Keep it wavy, definately don't straighten it. I'd also cut off the blonde to give it a more even look, but being a woman, I know how attached we get to our hair. :D Either that or have the blonde taken back to your original color.

In regards to the nails, I'd also nix the french tip manicure. I'm still trying to grow mine out from April 29th. 8O You could just have a standard manicure, getting the cuticals taken care of, along with a nice trim look, then either have clear polish or a slight pinkish look (like what was suggested). Another option is a single layer of irridescent. I had that done a couple years ago and loved it. Then again, I couldn't replicate it again unless I went to a salon.

HTH

There are so many different things you can have done to your nails-- like what Meredith was showing you. I think you should get a solid, light pink color (with a slight shimmer) and get silver rinestones put on them.. in whatever design you want.

As for hair, as suggested, i would try and make your hair one solid color (by either cutting or getting the blonde taken out/dying it all darker) and so something lose with elegant clips

wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I probably should mention that I don't do pink, lol. Haven't since I was 13. So the sheer pink nail color is out, but I love the rhinestone idea! I will definitly have to try it!

The hair...cutting the blond off...out of the question....it's half my hair!! I just might dye it all one color as suggested.

Thanks again!

Maybe a dark, shiny red?? with rinestones and a black outfit that would look killer =oP

Or maybe not even a dark red, since its summer.. a cherry red would look more "in season"

You could always buff your nails to give them a natural shine. I just chopped off my hair--try it (it will grow back) :D

It will grow back. Just imagine the shock your family will have and all the complements. People always complement a new hair cut.

the last time my hair was technically cut was when they chopped 7" off instead of the 2" i had asked for. I cried for days.

You need a stylist who will listen to you!! If you only want the blonde trimmed, find someone to do the job correctly. I am terrified of having my hair cut since so few can cut naturally curly hair properly, but the key is to ask around and TALK to the stylist before your hair is shampooed. Bring in pictures of what you want and make sure the stylist is listening :D

Don't cut it, Lori! As someone who has met you, I do think going all one color would be good. I can see you with dark red/auburn hair, I think that would look good! Also, you are going to be in a lot of wedding pictures, I think in the future you'll be glad your hair is all one color in those pics.

However, I'm a guy, WTH do I know! :oops:

Don't cut it, do dye it one color and maybe add some streaks for color. I have long hair and for my wedding, I had the spiral curls all around, (took and hour and a half to do), then a partial updo swept back from the front. Everyone complimented it. For the nails, shimmering silver to offset the black. JMO

I'm gonna have to agree, don't cut your hair. I did and have regretted it ever since. It's growing back now but, it takes so long to grow back out. I think swept up away from your face with some stray ringlets like already mentioned is a wonderful idea.

Hmm....who am I going to get to dye my hair for me??? I think I shall call upon my friend Tracey! Silver nails....I have done it many times...oooh! maybe silver and I could have them draw some black design on it? I already get my nails done every 2 weeks, but I usually get one color, never anything fancy.

Ok, hair and nail pics!!

Tracey getting prepared to dye my hair:
normal_Tracey.jpg

My hair before (please disregard the frizz!!):
normal_Before.jpg

My hair during (Tracey and I are both wearing our company shirts, lol, we knew they'd come in handy!):
normal_During.jpg

My hair right after I rinsed out the dye:
normal_Righafter.jpg

My hair done and dry:
normal_Hairdry.jpg

Whaddya think? Ok, nails. I went with a shear silver with a black design on the ring fingers.

Whole hand:
normal_nailhand.jpg

Hand painted design close-up:
normal_nailcloseup.jpg

cuuuuuuute to the max! it looks great. hope everyone likes it at the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom