old topic revisited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imcgary

Aquarium Advice Regular
A few months ago i was asking about the proper setup for angels. I have decided to move the platies to the 46g tank and use my 125g for the angels and Apistos

Keeping in mind that i want a wide variety of both angels and apistos (half and half of each) how many of each should i get and any recommendations on any that i should avoid. And where is the best place to order Apistos and Angels, My LFS has a small selection of apistos.

Club auctions & swapmeets are the best place to get both.

If getting mature fish, I'd go 2 pairs of Angels - Apisto numbers will be a function of how much structure & cover you have. If the tank is heavily planted & has lots of hardscape, you might get 3-4 pairs of Apistos in there...

Do have a plan in mind if the Angels spawn at the same time and try to squeeze the Apistos out...

With a 125g tank to work with you have a lot of room for fish. I would decorate it heavily with plants and driftwood (either live or artificial). I would think you could ultimately support half a dozen adult angelfish but would start with maybe a dozen juveniles and let them pair up as they grow older. As far as the number of apistos you could keep I think a dozen would work fine. I think a couple of dozen tetras (not neons but something larger) would also be appropriate. I envy you having a tank that size.

Back
Top Bottom