Online Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squintyekalb

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone had an experience, good or bad, with ordering fish or any kind of livestock or corals from any online store?

I'm only curious before I maybe go and try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've ordered from several online retailers and have always had great luck, at least as far as fish.
I've ordered from the following places:
Liveaquaria- tops in my book. they have a 2 week warranty on all fish too- BONUS
Reefs2go- bad luck with corals, good luck with fish.
Aquacon- ALOT of people have not had any luck with them but I have ordered a few times and still have the fish i bought several years ago from them
Petsolutions- another goodie, I have always had good luck with their fish.
Those are the ones I remember, there might be another place or two i cant recall right now.lol

But for the money, liveaquaria has the best choices. Shipping is $35 but well worth it.

I have ordered discus for my freshwater tank. They are a fickle fickle fish and all 10 have survived to this day. I can't speak to salt yet, but I know the costs are way less and IMO worth the chance. But don't let that take you away from an lfs, those guys are local which is always good for the local economy and can help if things start to go sideways with your tank.

I've ordered frags from marine depot live, and pacific east aquaculture. Both were great. Pacific east has a wonderful facility and their corals always look great when I visit (gf lives 5 mins away, while I'm 2 hours lol)

I am happy this question got asked! My lfs gets a great variety of fish but not frags. Good to know there is a chance at variety! And that means taking new frags to him for.....STORE CREDIT!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom