Open brain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brown coming out now. Can't really see it but stringy brown line coming out.

Attachments

• image-1615627403.jpg
    image-1615627403.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 100
This might be a stupid question but wouldn't that come from the mouth not the side?

Yes. If there is brown stringy looking stuff coming from that wound, I would be in a hurry to dip it. LPS sometimes get a bacterial infection called "brown jelly disease". Not saying this is definitely the problem, but if so, you can easily lose the entire coral if it is not arrested.

Well he is starting to puff up again but still no tentacles out in that spot. Nothing coming out of it anymore either. Would this mean it is likely healing?

Attachments

• image-3747793124.jpg
    image-3747793124.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image-3414235711.jpg
    image-3414235711.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 68
It still looks to be doing fine to me, I just dont get it? What fish do you have in your tank??

I still have no idea what went wrong but the brain seems to be healing with no intervention. Looks like almost 100% except for what is basically a scar. Something must have injured it somehow. Thanks for all the replies and help.

Whoops. As far as tank inhabitants. I have a sailfintang. Three blue green chromis. Two clowns. Lawnmower blenny. Several assorted snails. One blue hermit and who I believe to be the accidental culprit, a black brittle star.

Well I have no idea what happened to him but I was fortunate to have him recover with zero intervention. Here is a pic of it today and the flesh that came off has grown back and little tentacles are also returning. Weird but thought I would show anyone that may have been interested. Thanks to everyone that had a look. Going to the city this weekend so will pick up a coral dip. Thanks again.

Attachments

• image-197249102.jpg
    image-197249102.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom