Operation clown goby rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$5?!?!?! You should be arrested for stealing those zoas!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

$5?!?!?! You should be arrested for stealing those zoas!! :)

I know, right. I normally just glance at there racks since they usually don't have much but browned out softies and half dead sps frags (cheap dry goods though), but the green ones caught my eye and then I saw the mauls :D. Pretty sure they had no idea what they had, they said a local guy turned them in for credit.

I know, right. I normally just glance at there racks since they usually don't have much but browned out softies and half dead sps frags (cheap dry goods though), but the green ones caught my eye and then I saw the mauls :D. Pretty sure they had no idea what they had, they said a local guy turned them in for credit.

Nice score there for sure. I'd be turning my coral stuff in for credit of my LFS, but they would just die since they are using the marineland leds above the coral tank.

Yeah I was thrilled, best $10 I've spent on this tank IMO. And this guys using pcs still over his tanks with blue led strips to add a little color to the corals. These are the first 2 coral I've gotten there in a little over 4 years of buying dry goods there.

Nice to have a number equivalent to things. I gave out some advice about PC bulbs not being enough light a couple of weeks back and the guy just didn't believe me that 4 of them wasn't enough. I knew people used to use tons of them, just never saw it first hand.

Honestly it looks like he's using plant lights, since anything that's there for more than a week browns out. I love t5s and if the bulbs weren't so expensive I'd still use them, but pcs just don't cut it IMO, no matter how many you have.

Well the tank hits 1 year tomorrow, so I figured that called for a photo dump :p

First some then and now
9-18-13

6 months

9-15-14

Yeah no mag floats with the black sand, at least not within a few inches of the sand. Honestly I just clean the front panel on this one because of that. The back and sides are in need of a good cleaning, coralline is starting to take hold.

Yeah, I don't clean the sides or back of my tank at all. I did when I started...doing the back with the rocks up against the glass was a huge pain too. But that was before I painted the back black.
Are you a sponge on a stick kinda guy or a paper towel to rub it down?

Happy birthday clown goby tank! Looks great big red, amazing to see the progression and growth! Love all of the color you have going on in there. The new zoas are an awesome pick up too!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the awesome thread/posts/pics and most of all the advice. I have done soo much research and hope to have my tank look like yours!!! Spectacular!

Yeah, I don't clean the sides or back of my tank at all. I did when I started...doing the back with the rocks up against the glass was a huge pain too. But that was before I painted the back black.

Old credit card on a stick, works great. I've been thinking about picking up some black poster board to put against the back

Happy birthday clown goby tank! Looks great big red, amazing to see the progression and growth! Love all of the color you have going on in there. The new zoas are an awesome pick up too!

Thanks, they're my new current favorites.

Thanks for the awesome thread/posts/pics and most of all the advice. I have done soo much research and hope to have my tank look like yours!!! Spectacular!

Thanks. Got a build thread yet?

I found a stainless steel spatula at the dollar store that works great to get the "crust" off glass near sand bed, just have to angle it right.

BigRed the transformation looks great! I'm hoping the 14 will look at least half that amazing in a year!

This tank has become quite the little stunner man! The mix of colors in there is awesome :D! Nice progression

Thanks guys. I just hope that by next year it looks almost as nice as yours bribo ;)

Back
Top Bottom