percula clown feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now I only have sinking morsels that I feed daily, and then everyother day or so I feed frozen mysis.

blender mush? i'm using spirulina and romain lettuce.just got 2 from petco 14.99 apeice. they do not like the spirulina,like my purple tang and LG. electric damsel

Your clowns are going to prefer a meatier food. I make blender mush from fresh seafood, nori, flakes etc...If you can get them eating something...then you should be able to ween them to flakes, if that's what you want to feed them.

Are flakes enough? My clown actually does not like the shrimp as much as the mosels, he will gobble them down, but nibbles and spits with the shrimp

If you vary the flakes, yes they will give enough nutrition for the fish. There was a good post by Steve-s about feeding flakes today, you should try and find it :wink:

i would have to turn off the overflow and skimmer for the flake,i still have a500gph powewrfilter going with nothing in it. this mush of seafood what other creatures do i need in the tank to finish off the rest of it? i have 2 orange starfish,1 sally lightfoot crab,2 camel shrimp,12 turbo snails,1 coral branded shrimp. my mushrooms and feather dusters.

I feed blender mush, flake food, frozen brine, and zooplankton on a rotating schedule.

the brine is more like once every few weeks and the flakes are less and less often used.

my blender mush is composed of several raw seafood items I got from varous stores along with some cut up nori and some saltwater. Blend into a liquid paste. Freeze in frezer bags.

Very cheap food that is also very natural.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom