Phillipine Blue Angelfish?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my angles I originaly started with 2 zebras and 2 marbles but lost a marble in the first 2 weeks so I replaced him with a blue. mine is pure blue except when he is being agressive or another fish is bothering him then he gets 2 dark stripes that go away when things colm down. Realy cool.
Congrats on your blues

Thank you so much. They're in the tank now...all the lights are off and I'll take a look in an hour.

One more question/s and I hope I'm done.

Do they require special needs in the tank? Lots of plants? I have the temp set at 78-80. That's ok right?

I was thinking about getting some Cory cats... Are they compatible with the Angelfish?

I CAN'T WAIT TO TURN THE LIGHT ON AND TAKE PICTURES FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!

Temp is good and I just have fake driftwood in the center towards the back and fake plants tall in the back and some real small in the front. This leaves some swiming room in the tank. But if you have live plants that should be good too.

I have 4 PBA in a 100 G tank. With a lot of plants... I was lucky and they formed 2 pairs, each pair runs one side of the tank, no aggression between the pairs as long as the others don't cross the line....lol
Good luck...

I'll post pictures in the AM. I checked on them with the moonlight in my tank and all 4 were roaming around, investigating.
I don't want to stress them out. Promise I'll post pics tomorrow!

JerseyGirl1385 said:
I'll post pictures in the AM. I checked on them with the moonlight in my tank and all 4 were roaming around, investigating.
I don't want to stress them out. Promise I'll post pics tomorrow!

Pictures please

Agh!!!!! I'm sorry guys! I tried getting pictures this morning but I couldn't. I was having trouble with them eating.
They weren't trying to go for the food and my platy's were eating everything up. I trained my platy's to eat out of a feeding ring- so I fed them there. And then the Angels came to where I was. Finally, after about 10 minutes they began to eat.

They seem comfortable with me. All morning they were swimming away from me... But I just went to check on them and the biggest one of the 4 came right up to the glass and followed my finger. It was cute.

So, here are the pictures!!!! I am so in love with them.
Is there anything in particular they like to eat??? What is considered "high quality" fish food. I have regular tropical flakes as well as brine shrimp... They didn't seem to care for the brine shrimp at all. They gobbled the flakes down tho.
I just want to make sure they're the happiest they can be.
Also, my pleco seems to be intimidated by them lol he interests with my platy's but as soon as he comes out and starts sucking on the substrate and an Angel comes by, he freaks out and hides. Awwwe poor, Pleco.

Attachments

• image-1917089252.jpg
    image-1917089252.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2682493207.jpg
    image-2682493207.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 107
  • image-1309533156.jpg
    image-1309533156.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1871361196.jpg
    image-1871361196.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 123
They are gorgeous! I feed omega one flakes and pellets, and mine love sinking shrimp pellets. I think mine are by Wardley. I feed those mainly for my plecos and shrimp but the angels dive bomb them whenever I drop a couple in.

I love blue Angels.... The one in the first picture is beautiful. I will post, if you don't mind, a picture of mine tomorrow night.
Regarding food, I feed mine New Life Spectrum Thera +A Formula. They did not liked at the beginning, but after a week they started to eat it, now they love it. I also mixed with some garlic concentrate (liquid) from Kent.

Once in a while, I gave them Omega One flakes, and I know that sometimes they catch a shrimp from the tank as a snack...

In the past, I used to give to my Angels, once a week, Blood worms, as a treat, but I noticed that some were getting sick, with internal parasites. I even lost some Koi Angels, I don't know if the responsible source were the Blood worms or not, but since I change their diet, 6 months ago, no more illness.

Everyone always says omega one and new life spectrum are the best. I use a tetra band sinking pellet and my two angels go absolutely nuts for them, mine aren't very good scavengers do I only drop a few at a time. Mine also love freeze dried blood worms, its cool when you feed those cause they make clicking sounds when they're sucking up the worms from the top

Mine get omega one flakes, hikari micro pellets, and an occasional feeder guppy.

Zimmanski said:
Everyone always says omega one and new life spectrum are the best. I use a tetra band sinking pellet and my two angels go absolutely nuts for them, mine aren't very good scavengers do I only drop a few at a time. Mine also love freeze dried blood worms, its cool when you feed those cause they make clicking sounds when they're sucking up the worms from the top

Glad to hear your experience, I heard before that freeze dry blood worms can cause bload in fish.... Many people don't recommend it for that reason... Just would like to share what I read in this forum...

ejaramillo01 said:
Glad to hear your experience, I heard before that freeze dry blood worms can cause bload in fish.... Many people don't recommend it for that reason... Just would like to share what I read in this forum...

I did hear that, yesterday for the first time actually. I'm not going to be feeding that anymore just to be safe, but the fish will be very upset with me haha. The sinking pellets though, if you ask my fish, kick some serious butt.

Back
Top Bottom