Phillipine Blue Angelfish?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ejaramillo01 said:
Glad to hear your experience, I heard before that freeze dry blood worms can cause bload in fish.... Many people don't recommend it for that reason... Just would like to share what I read in this forum...

I feed my guppies freeze dried bloodworms as a treat, but first I soak them in tank water until the water turns yellowish and they swell

I feed my 12 angels frozen Bloodworms and tetra Crisps. I've found that flakes are too pulverized and I find myself dumping crumbs in the tank; or in the trash. I'm picky like that too. My angels look at me like "seriously", feed me something good.

Thanks everyone for the advice on the food.
Just came home from a "new" LFS that's 40 minutes from my house and totally worth the drive.

I got my Angels the crisps ( which they DEVOURED IN 5 SECONDS FLAT ) as well as frozen brine shrimp squares??? They come in a pack of 32.... Anyone know about these? Do I just throw a whole square in or should I cut it? How often should they get this frozen food....

I also got a piece of driftwood for my pleco- I'll make a new thread for that bc I don't know what in the hay to do with that!

AND!!!! I got new additions! I got 4 Panda Cory's. They're itty bitty ones and I'm in love.

I can't wait to come home tomorrow and do my water change and re-arrange the decor. I am SO OBSESSED WITH MY TANK!!!!
Anyone else that way, too?
Have a great night everyone and thanks for the advice given and yet to come! You guys are the BEST!

I get the same frozen food except Bloodworms. I let mine sit and "thaw". If I don't, one, and only one, will scarf it down and save none for the others. U made good choice!! U can drop them in whole/frozen tho. Just have to watch how they eat and go from there. As for being excited, every day!! I love coming home and seeing all my angels greet me. Good luck!

I've been silently following this thread, I love PB angels lol, your are beautiful and will grow up and be super blue! I get like the coco puffs bird when I see PB angels :)

Glad to hear about your new lfs. Regarding how often do you feed the brine shrimp, don't know for sure, but not daily in my opinion. Shrimp are obviously high in protein, daily will be way to much protein. I read here that one or twice a week is plenty as a treat.

Lo
The majority of us AA members are obsessed with our tanks. And we all suffer of MTS (multiple tank syndrome).

I let them thaw in a cup with tank water and after its thawed I dump it in a net so I'm only putting the brine shrimp in the tank. Mine eat it all in about 30 seconds. I only give it about once a week usualy in the morning before I do my weekly water change.

Mine are on a staple of the New Life Spectrum Thera-A formula, plus they get the small formula that is put in for the little fish, reconstituted freeze dried bloodworms, and believe it or not softened, deshelled peas every 2-3 days, they love the pea's and I've found by feeding the "green" food more with thier Thera-A they don't tend to nibble on my plants.

Always thaw frozen fish food. If it is still frozen when they eat it, it can cause temperature shock. I pop a cube in a little cup of tank water and swish it around until it's all thawed, then I just pour in as much as they will eat, and if there is extra just put the cup in the fridge and feed the extra the next day. I spread a cube around three different tanks so it is rare for me to have extra, though. I usually feed frozen foods maybe once or twice a week. I'm glad you are enjoying them!

Back
Top Bottom