Piranhas!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I figured since you were thinking piranhas and now maybe the barracuda which look cool btw you wanted to have more of a school of predatory fish but thought I'd give you an idea for something that is definitely at the peak of the aggressive predator scale for aquariums. On a side note be careful feeding these I've read they can lunge out and eat your hand/arm

I figured since you were thinking piranhas and now maybe the barracuda which look cool btw you wanted to have more of a school of predatory fish but thought I'd give you an idea for something that is definitely at the peak of the aggressive predator scale for aquariums. On a side note be careful feeding these I've read they can lunge out and eat your hand/arm

Thank u ...

Good luck with what ever you go with keep us posted im curious to see what you decide and how cool they are to watch

Good luck with what ever you go with keep us posted im curious to see what you decide and how cool they are to watch

Well right now im either gonna get the cuddas or the gar and if i dont get the them im gonna get 2 oscars and a fire eel

Okay I've come up with some possible stocking list. Tell me what yall think.. And if u got any other suggestions.

Stock 1
2 red tail barracuda
1 pleco

Stock 2
2 oscars
1 fire eel

Stock 3
1 Florida gar
1 oscar
1 pleco

Stock 4
2 oscars
1 Needle nose
1 Pleco

My father is a game warden over in the states and piranhas are illegal on all circumstances, usually only scientist or biologist with certain permits are allowed to keep some. Look into getting pachu. A relative of the piranha but very docile and is a omnivore.

My father is a game warden over in the states and piranhas are illegal on all circumstances, usually only scientist or biologist with certain permits are allowed to keep some. Look into getting pachu. A relative of the piranha but very docile and is a omnivore.

I'd skip the pacu unless you have a small pond to put it into. They can grow massive.

okay im getting a 55g tank and i want to do piranhas i will be running two 60gallon HOB filters and 2 power heads and under gravel filter and i have been doing some research and i would like to get a shoal of about 4-5 three inch red - bellied piranhas. Will soon upgrade to a 100g around December.... does anyone have any expirence or knowledge that would also help me in keeping these fish

illegal to have red belly pirahnas in florida.

no they don't 'eat you"

wildlife is just endangered by them as they take over local species

Yeah it sucks that some idiots dumping in our lakes and ponds and stuff can keep us responsible fish keepers from enjoying all species of fish... But its what ever and i have decided to go with 2 oscars and a needle nose gar and 1 pleco

Go for the exodon. Start with a dozen. Had them a while back awesome predators. Look them up on YouTube. Very cool videos on them. Cuddas and gar are to large for your tank. Exodon exhibit the same piraña behavior.

Back
Top Bottom