Planted 29 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbree13

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are there any nice for ground plants or background plants you guys recommend? I'd like something with some colour maybe red or brown or something, something different then green!

It'll be a high tech planted, with co2, quad t5 High output, and a dirt substrate.
Any recommendations?

I have come to love swords in the last week I bought two different kinds one is a red ozelot sword and idk what the other is but if grown to dislike stem plants cause they just aren't for me I like a controlled chaos I guess if you need pics I'll post them

Swords might get too big for a 29g. I suggest rotala wallichii, r. colorata, r sunset, etc. Also persicaria 'sau paulo', p. 'kawagoeanum', p. praetermissa. Many ludwigias would fit the bill esp arcuata and brevipes.

On a side note 4x t5ho over a 29g is an insane amount of light. Even at 12" above the surface the lighting would be considered too high.

Thank you all for the help!

And I know I do have it hung above the tank, but I do not have them on all day. I only have them in for about 4 hours a day, and I have the dual t5s on other then that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom