Please help me identify my cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishychick

Aquarium Advice Freak
ILoveYou.jpg

Is this an emerald green cory? Or an emerald cory? Or a bronze cory? My lfs says emerald green, but I'm just not convinced...and they have been wrong before about other stuff. Thank you so much!:thanks:

Looks to be a bronze cory! They're sometimes labelled 'green cory', which can lead to a little confusion!

Emerald catfish (Brochis splendens) tend to have a much more triangular dorsal and have a definite green sheen apart from on their underside.

Looks to be a bronze cory! They're sometimes labelled 'green cory', which can lead to a little confusion!

Emerald catfish (Brochis splendens) tend to have a much more triangular dorsal and have a definite green sheen apart from on their underside.

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me too, but i just want to be really really sure. I'm planning on getting more and I want to make sure I get the right species.

Agreed, an albino is technically just an albino bronze.

Wow...that is so cool. I had no idea. How exciting! Now I can get 4 or 5 more aeneus instead of 5 aenus and 5 brochis, and have still be able to get something else for my new 20 long. So, just to make sure I understand, bronze corys are sometimes referred to as green corys, which is different then emerald corys or green emerald corys? If that's true, I'll feel a lot better about my lfs, lol. :lol::)

Bronze Corys are Corydoras aeneus

Emerald Green Corys aren't Corydoras, they are Brochis splendens. They have more rays in their dorsal fin.

Corys seem very visual to me. Albino and normals may or may not hang out together.
They seem to prefer fish that look like themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom