PLEASE HELP! Plant problem :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have another aquarium you can transfer over some filter media and stock light or request some filter media from your LFS and seas with that. I have set up the filter i intend to use on an existing setup for a week of two before i set up the new quarters... Then stock light and transfer the seasoned filter over. All three methods have worked for me.
Just a thought.,)

I will see if I can get some filter media from my LFS...I don't know if they do that though. What do you mean by stock light? :)

I will see if I can get some filter media from my LFS...I don't know if they do that though. What do you mean by stock light? :)

I assume he means the light that came with the tank.

You could try putting your filter in the water for a week or two and running the filter pump without the filter in as well.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What I mean is... Stock fish light. Meaning if you plan on having 20 neons, six Cory's,12 rummynose, and a pair of Balloon rams... Stock the Cory's and neons... Then add the rummynose and rams after a couple of weeks...
Select the hardier species first, then add your more sensitive specises...You just need enough to feed your bacteria in the beginning.

Your LFS will either have a central filter or individual aquarium filter system. Ask for some active filter floss or even a handful of gravel from an established tank... Put whatever they have in a pantyhose bag and add it to a filter... It's pretty simple and adds the necessary beneficial bacteria...

To the last poster, I am female... FYI

This is how we did it 20years ago... And it still works.

I have to move my aquariums more them most... actually about every two years. That's about my stint at each duty station.

Good luck! ,)

What I mean is... Stock fish light. Meaning if you plan on having 20 neons, six Cory's,12 rummynose, and a pair of Balloon rams... Stock the Cory's and neons... Then add the rummynose and rams after a couple of weeks...
Select the hardier species first, then add your more sensitive specises...You just need enough to feed your bacteria in the beginning.

Your LFS will either have a central filter or individual aquarium filter system. Ask for some active filter floss or even a handful of gravel from an established tank... Put whatever they have in a pantyhose bag and add it to a filter... It's pretty simple and adds the necessary beneficial bacteria...

To the last poster, I am female... FYI

This is how we did it 20years ago... And it still works.

I have to move my aquariums more them most... actually about every two years. That's about my stint at each duty station.

Good luck! ,)

My bad, profile pics and display names tell very little about gender and I don't snoop profiles usually. This is definitely the second time in the same post I called someone by the wrong gender. Everyone is gonna be called her/she from now on. Might as well irritate the men for a while instead.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Be careful using media from a LFS. Check to see they don't have Ick in any tanks.

I just add fish slowly, keep testing water and plant heavily.

Your Crypts will need Root Tabs, every 4 months. Easy to do.

The liquid Carbon won't harm fish. Some Shrimp are very delicate so I add 1/2 dosage and work up to full dosage slowly.

Some well planted tanks have a Silent Cycle. They may never show high levels.

110 Liters = 29g.

I'd say you have Low Light. T8s can grow plants. In taller tanks it's a bit trickier, but the Crypts and Ludwigia should be fine. The other plants ? I'll let Rivercats or someone else address those.

Coursair
aka Tina
Coursair Whippets

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom