Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breezy86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a biocube 29, I had it cycled and I have about 45 lbs of live rock in it. It has been running since like November 2011. But sadly I have had some fish die off. There also seems to be alot of stuff gathering on the bottom and when I try to siphon it out I don't succeed as to I have the really small live sand. I am considering just taking all my rocks out scrubbing them off and putting all new water in. I still have 3 hermit crabs and 2 turbo snails alive. I didn't know if there is any upgrades or something I should use instead. I have an oceanic biocube protein skimmer, but it doesn't seem to work worth a hoot! Any help! I'm getting frustrated and almost want to give up!! Thanks for any help!

Hi. Welcome to the forum. :)

How often do you do water changes, how much each time and do you use ro/di water? That can help with algae and other gunk in your tank.

I also have a 29 cube and use a media rack instead of the bioballs and the stock filter cartridge. here is a link to it if youre interested.

BioCube 29 - Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies

I had a biocube skimmer and ended selling it off as it really did nothing but annoy me. Never pulled anything out of the water. :-( Don't feel bad, it's not just you.

I tried doing a water change every two weeks, and I usually do about a 5 gallon bucket. I dunno what but when I do siphon out that gunk doesn't get sucked up. Did you buy a different protein skimmer or leave them out all together?

Back
Top Bottom