Pleco ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Need an ID. I'm not convinced this is a BN. I know it's young and if it's female will have hardly any bristles. But we all know how wonderfully trained everyone who works in the fish departments at petco are.

Attachments

• image-1412676446.jpg
    image-1412676446.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 87
  • image-4242417685.jpg
    image-4242417685.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 87
The pictures must be too bad because no one is telling me anything. How unlike you guys! Hahaha

No one? Please at least tell me if I need a better picture. Really want to know.

I'll do that tonight if I can. Won't be home for 10 more hrs. Thanks for getting back to me.

I thought so, but they were in a tank with no sign and they sell several types of Plecos and I just wanted to make sure before the deadline for returns gets here.

Looks like a shortfin BN to me also, but more pics would help. When they are young they are near impossible to sex, one of my males didn't start growing bristles till nearly a year old.

Thanks jetta. I think it's a BN as well, but of course the LFS employee I had was not the woman I LOVE to go through and he couldn't tell the difference between the BN a rubber and a common they had in three different tanks. He started to scoop up a common before I redirected him. Nice guy, but if you don't have the knowledge than how are you supposed to know.

You can tell if it's a bn coz the mouth shape is different to other pleco

Fishman94 said:
You can tell if it's a bn coz the mouth shape is different to other pleco

And what would I be looking for? What is different about the shape compared to a rubber or common?

Yes it does. Definitively I can say it's a BN! Thanks so much!

A BN it is! (15 char)

Attachments

• image-1333317437.jpg
    image-1333317437.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom