Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbelty Goop.... Tis what i say to zoning.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree... Your 100% right. Im pretty sure pops has researched that. Ill check with him.

Play nice in you new town...:rolleyes:
My inspectors LOVE me and defended "my wifes 30'x50'" car garage I had to build her from the zoning board( who thought it was an apartment building!:ermm:) long enough to get me my certificate of completion....:whistle:

I agree but, I don't want this whole endeavor to get killed by something as stupid as that. I'm already restricted.... my lease says I can't run a business out of my apartment so I have to figure out how many angelfish I can sell to be a business and sell one less than that ;)

Or you simply don't tell??
I am an honest man but I don't consider what I do with my fish business!
NOT EVEN CLOSE$$$$$!
It IS my hobby.

Not new town. Pretty set in here... Dad works in the district court.... Wink, wink.

Ive actually looked into this business not a business thing. My site doesn't make it a business. My selling doesn't make it a business. My tax ID# doesnt make it a business. It stays a hobby as long as i dont file for LLC or call it a company in any paperwork. I can name it & profit from it to a certain sum. The trick here is calling a sole proprietorship instead of an LLC ... Dads a Lawyer and has had friends trying to tear our logic apart like the citys lawyers would. The only thing that could get me is if i profit past said $15,000 mark set here. You can only make $1 a year and still be catagorized as a hard business. It just depends on how you set it up. Now the interesting thing here is that lets say i make 20,000 but put 7,000 into upgrades etc.... As long as it goes back to business expenses can be deflected as not profit overhead costs and doesnt go towards my business labeling sum. Im not a lawyer so i may have messed that explanation up a lil. But i think thats sound in principle

All im doing by having a tax id and an EID, is being legit within my hobby sales. Which pops says keeps the powers at be more happy and less willing to create waves. Up n up = left alone and a leg to stand on if you dont get left alone.

Doing my Do diligence is definately slowing the endeavor. But if im more informed than those that can mess with me.... Then ill feeel safer in this endeavor.

This whole thing makes my head hurt.... why do we need a team of lawyers to avoid the wrath of the government just from selling stuff from our hobby? :nono::nono::nono: Glad you've got people to help you Poppa, I think I speak for everyone when I say we really want this to succeed!

Having fun with those 16-liter gallons bandit and poppa? I can't tell if I'm sitting next to a 12.5 gallon or an 880 liter tank :whistle:

This whole thing makes my head hurt.... why do we need a team of lawyers to avoid the wrath of the government just from selling stuff from our hobby? :nono::nono::nono: Glad you've got people to help you Poppa, I think I speak for everyone when I say we really want this to succeed!

Having fun with those 16-liter gallons bandit and poppa? I can't tell if I'm sitting next to a 12.5 gallon or an 880 liter tank :whistle:

We dont have to jump through all these hoops. But if im going out on a limb like im about too. Then I need to know IM right and mutha gubment is wrong if they wanna step in the cage with me.

Plus my pops likes the idea of retiring and running the legal and web side of it for me.

<Yawn> Morning all, what did I miss?
Jk, wow lots going on. Like a gazillion posts. Glad you found a potential place and, despite your lack of sleep, have been working out the details in great detail. Hope you find sleep soon. Sleep apnea is no party, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not apnea, sir rator. Just breathing issues from recent illness when i lay flat and i cant seem to fall asleep not laying flat. Trust me I'm tired.

I figure ill feed fish then start doing WCs. Hopefully that'll do the sleep trick.

Morning fish friends. Finally caught up on reading...you people have been busy already

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im usually up this early tending to fish on weekends and at work on weekdays.... Just not still up. Gonna rescape my 40L with your plants today wrangles.

Toddlers, illness, natural early risers.... This forum isn't much for sleeping apparently. Morning Wrangler!

And I had to use an alarm to be up this early! Normally I'm up at like 9:30-10:00...have to clock in at 10:00 though this morning. 6:30 can't come fast enough

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Masta got ya workin..... Dang always keeping the fish man down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom