Poppa's Tanks n Stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But yes his points are accurate. Nothing new that I'm not aware of.... these EBRs are locally bred so I'm hoping its not a weak line.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh raiders fan uh uh uh raiders fan uh uh uh uh genetic hormone Asian protozoan uh uh uh.. LMFAO.... jeez i HATE the raiders. Most Chiefs fans do! Even throw were stinking it up ATM. Jamaal... oooh poor Jamaal.

So nono??haha, I thought it sounded legit...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

But yes his points are accurate. Nothing new that I'm not aware of.... these EBRs are locally bred so I'm hoping its not a weak line.

Not trying to poop on the party, :whistle: but unfortunately, you are not going to really know the genetic health of these fish, local or not. Being that they are not natural, their genetic strength could have been compromised just to create the new color so no EBR is going to be genetically "strong". Not knowing much about the fish myself, I can't say much more than that. But if an average lifespan of other EBRs is only 6 months or even a year +/-, compared to wild fish ( 3-4 years depending on who you read:whistle: ), these have to have been compromised in their creation.
Just my 2 cents. ;)(y)

And Poppa, kids grow before your eyes and you don't even know it. Last week, I was diapering my daughter. Yesterday, I was dropping her off at college. Today, she's graduated college, found a job, got married and has already been married for 2 1/2 years. I don't know where the time went but it definitely went. :facepalm: Don't miss out on your time with your son. (y)

Thanks Andy. Advice is always appreciated. The genetic question mark on EBRs is well documented in my mind. I have high hopes for these, as the person who bred these has pairs hitting 18 months now and going strong. Ive read varied reports on the life span of them. Anywhere from 6 months to 2 yrs is what i find. This is my first go round with em.

Genetically speaking, the only way I know to strengthen a line is to add back wild blood and in this case, that could mean having a couple of generations of non EBRs with EBR genetics before the newly strengthened line produces stronger EBRs. Kinda what happening with Angels as well. Lots of work ahead to get that straightened out. :facepalm: :lol:

Sounds like something poppa and. Bandit could handle...
Ps.. this is why electric blue acara are calling me right now..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The blue acara in a 75g heavily planted tank would be a stunner!
Sry for the slight hijack Ryno....lovin Dem BN's brotha!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dude... no apologies necessary. The thread says "n stuff". My sneaky ninja way of trying to make nothing "off topic". So chime in whenever ya'd like. I agree on the Blue Acara. Although thanks to jesse, I've been eyeballin a few grammodes for a 90gl thats empty in the garage. Its either that or SW.

Dude... no apologies necessary. The thread says "n stuff". My sneaky ninja way of trying to make nothing "off topic". So chime in whenever ya'd like. I agree on the Blue Acara. Although thanks to jesse, I've been eyeballin a few grammodes for a 90gl thats empty in the garage. Its either that or SW.

Saltwater is the "cool" Ryno !

This is one of threads where you just wanna pull up a chair & hang out wit da geeks...haha(cool geeks)

Meh.... who am i kidding. SW would bec a . Ways down the road. I really just want 1 flame angel and a butt load of coral.

This is one of threads where you just wanna pull up a chair & hang out wit da geeks...haha(cool geeks)

100%!!

Meh.... who am i kidding. SW would bec a . Ways down the road. I really just want 1 flame angel and a butt load of coral.

Marine is a piece of cake compared to dedicated breeding:whistle:.

Bingo..... exactly what i was goin for.

U think a 90gl is enough for 1 or 2 flame angels?

1 at the most.
Very few marine fish most people want are schoolers.
There are plenty of better fish that would fit and last WAY longer in that tank IMO.

Ive got everything i need to start a SW, minus the protein skimmer. Maybe ill ask for one for muh birthday down the road. Maybe someday ill give SW a go.... until then i got plenty of FW to play with. Im super excited abt this group of GBR fry. My black tuxedo guppy fry are startin to get spec's of black. I think my tiger Turk discus pair should be lay in eggs soon. And i noticed a new discus pairing of a rafflessia & blue diamond. Curious to see where that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom