Possible Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishylittlenemo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I did a water change today and I think whats clouding my tank up might possibly be algea. Cuz I happened to notice on my power filter where the water comes out, and greeness slime dangling out. Like I said in my post called "Salt???" right before this one, it's greeness water when you look at it from the sides and kinda a just cloudy when you see it from the front. Its probably algea, if it is how should I take care of it? Just do wanter changes from time to time or something else. Tanks soo much everyone.

Fishylittlenemo

Cover the tank with dark towels to completly black it out for 32 hours. This should clear it up quite a bit. Wait 2 or 3 days and cover the tank again for 72 hours. I'm in the process of of covering mine for 72 hours. Don't worry about feeding the fish will be ok for a few days. and don't open it up in the process This should solve the problem.
If it is a frequently occuring problem you might want to invest in a diatom filter.

Back
Top Bottom