Pregnant or Fat Ballon Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amyb_70

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I can't tell if they are males or females, so not sure if they are fat or pregnant. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410448717.089950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Does that fish have a tatoo?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol yes I have 2 tattooed balloon mollies. My 6yr old girl has been asking for a long time. I hate the idea of this, but my girls to young to understand. Anyway I hope these pics help. What I was told is only the orange one and maybe red tattooed are boys others are supposedly girls. But I don't believe the stores anymore .ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410472289.832293.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410472327.715017.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410472385.874453.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

U can look at the anal fins. Males have a pointed anal fin and females have a round anal fin. That will make u know their gender. Oh, and pregnant molly will have a very large belly. U will know yourself when the belly is getting half bigger than before (if u remember hoq your molly was when u bought it).
The orange molly is definitely a male.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

then i would be willing to guess the others are all females. the white and dalmation are huge, but i am new with balloon mollies so i am not sure what to expect and unlike guppy you can not see a gravid spot.

Back
Top Bottom