Pregnant Platy!!! Help please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I say don't separate them! I agree with paul. I had 20 fry live with no net. It stresses them out. And it's sad if they are eaten or don't make it long but your tank will be over run with fry overstock the tank and cause alot of extra feces which will raise your levels. I bought a ten gallon when I bought pregnant mollies. The Stress Killed THE Babies When I moved them. Also you have to be careful they don't get sucked up in the filter

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know how you feel, it's so frustrating since I'm so anxious haha. I just situated my Tupperware container in the tank, but catching my one lone fry is impossible! I'm going to try again later, or maybe when there are more fry.

I honestly think he'll be fine if he's the only baby and has hiding places I would not worry about it I would just leave him be he'll be ok

I have a pregnant molly I leave the fry free and they do great in my experience

Christine, I tore apart my tank finding fry yesterday. To my surprise, there wasn't just one as I had previously thought, there were (and are) 7! I poked a plethora of pinholes in a thin Tupperware container and added to small plants, then hooked it onto the side of the tank. This morning, all 7 are still active and happy, and there seems to be no other fry in the main tank.
Best of luck!

Thanks :) I'm unsure why... But it seems my Platy has only given birth to one fry... Unless she ate all the others... She still has a gravid spot an the little fry is doing fine he's about a week old now

Shell have more my fish had one fry and a few weeks went by and I had 20. They store sperms for future babes. But it is possible she ate them.

I also have ghost shrimp in my tank an they tend to be quite.... Evil.... They're cute.... But apparently they eat fry too... So maybe?

Very easy for the shrimp to take advantage of us Fry in the dark

I had a pond snail issue and I wanted to get shrimp to eat them but because I had Fry I couldn't get shrimp so I went with assassin snails instead

I would put your one little fry and a little breeder tank now until he's big enough for he won't get eaten

But I have a wall in so in unsure... I've never seen a shrimp on the side with the mother... But those things are sneaky... Any things possible with them I swear they're evil! Lol really I heard assassin snails are great!!!!

I love my assassin snails. You have a wall dividing the tank?

Yeah I have too. As I said prior, she is a very aggressive pregnant fish.... She took a chunk out of 3 of my fish... An 2 actually ended up dying from it -.-

She is a ***** to the other fish... She took a chunk out of my gourami so that's why I put the wall up lmao he's my fav!!! Here's my little fry!! He's getting so big! :') ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398886413.578733.jpg

Awwwww fry are so cute :3 male guppy fry are so adorable, after a few weeks they start developing a colourful tail & it all looks a bit out of proportion with their clear bodies XD

Back
Top Bottom