Preventative Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djones169

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all.

I hope this post is in the right place, as I was unable to find a thread that was closer to what I am concerned about.

So my 65g tank is very nice, but I want to add some corals or other interesting things in the near future. I have a few lingering aiptasia however, and I am concerned about the methods for removing them.

You see, they are very near a mushroom, Condylactis, and a few other unidentifieds. Will the potential drift-off of aiptasia-x kill these little friends along with the aiptasia??

you could always use a syringe with lemon juice if you dont want to use aiptasia-x

I personally use Aptasia-X and never found it to hurt my corals even as it gets caught in the flow of the water because of my powerheads. You can always try using a minimal amount of Aptasia-x and inject it into the center of the Aptasia.

I have never had any luck with peppermint shrimp but other's have. Mine always hide up near my HOB skimmer and eventually get eaten.

I wasn't sure if mine were ever actually eating them after I bought them. I would still find a few growing in my dt from time to time. So one day when I found a rather large one growing in my sump on my macro algae I pulled the leaf it was on and held it in front of one my shrimp. Needless to say it was gone in about 10 seconds. I've never found any more in my dt since then. One of these days I buy a couple more to put in my sump and hopefully get rid of it for good.

Back
Top Bottom