Question concerning freshwater stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea good advice guys! Add half this week and half the next, that's what I do
This is the sticking list in my 29 gallon planted, I have some of these fish already, and I'm waiting for the rest
5 ghost catfish
3 silver hatchetfish
1 dwarf gourami
4 black kuhli loaches
1 Raphael catfish
1 Bolivian ram
1 bn pleco
1 clown pleco

Yeah sometimes I add more than I should like the day I came home with 10 mollies, 12 neons, and a hifin spotted pleco o_0 all for my 110g. Needless to say I did 4 water changes 2 days after because of ammo. I had to pay for water. Over 200g of water change

Yea good advice guys! Add half this week and half the next, that's what I do This is the sticking list in my 29 gallon planted, I have some of these fish already, and I'm waiting for the rest 5 ghost catfish 3 silver hatchetfish 1 dwarf gourami 4 black kuhli loaches 1 Raphael catfish 1 Bolivian ram 1 bn pleco 1 clown pleco

Great list!! I saw those ghost catfish yesterday, those things looked so freaking cool!!

Also, you mentioned feeding the loaches greens in a earlier thread. Do I just stick with the tropical flake food for the mass majority and then drop in Some shredded lettuce for the guys below?

Man 200 gallon water change, sheesh!
I am not in the best economic position right now I guess you can say, that's why I've been earning my own cash since I was 13

Yeah sometimes I add more than I should like the day I came home with 10 mollies, 12 neons, and a hifin spotted pleco o_0 all for my 110g. Needless to say I did 4 water changes 2 days after because of ammo. I had to pay for water. Over 200g of water change

Wow..... That sounds like something I needed to know, because like I mentioned I have no patience at all and this is getting addicting already!!!!

Great list!! I saw those ghost catfish yesterday, those things looked so freaking cool!!

Also, you mentioned feeding the loaches greens in a earlier thread. Do I just stick with the tropical flake food for the mass majority and then drop in Some shredded lettuce for the guys below?

Yea, I mean, I guess the flakes are ok, but I like to add that little extra to make them happier, you know, make sure it's not iceberg lettuce your giving them, that has no nutritional value, it's mostly water, it's gotta be romaine
Ps, be prepared to get freaked out by your kuhlis, as they like to lay on their sides motionless, it looks like they are dead, lol I freaked out the first time

Yea, I mean, I guess the flakes are ok, but I like to add that little extra to make them happier, you know, make sure it's not iceberg lettuce your giving them, that has no nutritional value, it's mostly water, it's gotta be romaine Ps, be prepared to get freaked out by your kuhlis, as they like to lay on their sides motionless, it looks like they are dead, lol I freaked out the first time

Lol.. Got it. I would of definitely freaked out!!

Hah lol it's unavoidable lol, that old multiple tank syndrome, lol

HAHAHAHAHA so funny you two brought that up because I was just discussing how we could put a bigger tank in the hallway upstairs and my wife SHUT IT DOWN....

Yeah I am planning my next tank and I dont even have the one im getting yet!

Well I appreciate you and Goldfish for taking the time to 1) welcome me with open arms to the forum, and 2) for all the guidance and advice. I am signing off since in like 6 and a half hours I will be up and happier than a kid in Christmas morning making yet another trip to the store tomorrow for more fish!!

Pictures to come of the new additions over the next week!! Talk to you soon!!

Well I appreciate you and Goldfish for taking the time to 1) welcome me with open arms to the forum, and 2) for all the guidance and advice. I am signing off since in like 6 and a half hours I will be up and happier than a kid in Christmas morning making yet another trip to the store tomorrow for more fish!!

Pictures to come of the new additions over the next week!! Talk to you soon!!
I dont forsee sleep tonight for you! I wouldnt sleep. Definitely. Pics are a must or it didnt happen!

Your welcome:)

Exactly! Pics or it didn't happen! Lol
Good luck with the fish an the MTS, lol keep us updated!

Ok fellow fish addicts..... I went to the store to purchase my new Tetras with the plan in waiting for the loaches and gourami....I swear that was my plan and intentions when I walked in there.....

Well....................

Walked out with the following:

1 Glofish Green Tetra
3 Neon Tetras

3 Kuhlii Loaches
1 beautiful Dwarf Gourami

**** IT... I tried I really tried but couldn't help it...

Check the levels this morning before and now 6 hours later and all seem to be going good and everything matches... Guess I will know if a mini cycle and water change is in my near future... As in about 12 hours from now.......

Ok fellow fish addicts..... I went to the store to purchase my new Tetras with the plan in waiting for the loaches and gourami....I swear that was my plan and intentions when I walked in there..... Well.................... Walked out with the following: 1 Glofish Green Tetra 3 Neon Tetras 3 Kuhlii Loaches 1 beautiful Dwarf Gourami **** IT... I tried I really tried but couldn't help it... Check the levels this morning before and now 6 hours later and all seem to be going good and everything matches... Guess I will know if a mini cycle and water change is in my near future... As in about 12 hours from now.......

Here is a picture

image-346453081.jpg

Your welcome:) Exactly! Pics or it didn't happen! Lol Good luck with the fish an the MTS, lol keep us updated!

Ok fellow fish addicts..... I went to the store to purchase my new Tetras with the plan in waiting for the loaches and gourami....I swear that was my plan and intentions when I walked in there.....

Well....................

1 Glofish Green Tetra
3 Neon Tetras

3 Kuhlii Loaches

Darn IT... I tried I really tried but couldn't help it...

Check the levels this morning before and now 6 hours later and all seem to be going good and everything matches... Guess I will know if a mini cycle and water change is in my near future... As in about 12 hours from now.......

Well....................

1 Glofish Green Tetra
3 Neon Tetras

3 Kuhlii Loaches

Darn IT... I tried I really tried but couldn't help it...

Well it happens to us all! Don't worry too much just continue to check parameters and change watwr as needed. Id go ahead and add a small dose of prime

Well it happens to us all! Don't worry too much just continue to check parameters and change watwr as needed. Id go ahead and add a small dose of prime

I added some when I added the fish... So far all is good....will see over the next two days or so.... But the tank is very active and vibrant now..

Back
Top Bottom