Question on female bettas (opinions appreciated)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if a few female bettas could live in a community tank with an angel, gourami's, guppys, and kuhli loaches?

I temporarily had two angels in my 29 gallon with my female betta sorority and two Gouramis and some kuhli loaches and everything went fine the females hid a little more but then again it was only a 29 gallon so in a bigger tank it would probably work out better

Size is an important piece of info for sure. Female bettas can work well in a community, but I wouldn't necessarily stock them with other anabantids and angels would be questionable for me as well.

Yeah they would work fine. I'd do atleast 5. I'm not sure if that puts you at over stocked or not.

Wait type of gourami and how many? How many angels and what size are they? What might work temporarily probably won't long term.

I have 1 female betta currently in my setup...and she's doing great! She and my Bolivian Rams are getting along too! I'd say only one female betta in your 30 gallon unless you get two very young females together at the same time, with thick vegetation and decor should be fine. IMO.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

4 2) females 2) males dwarf gourami and one angel.

I really want to save some females so that's why in asking.

Back
Top Bottom