Rebuilding fishroom... follow our progress here :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you have to pay anything be attend or buy something from the auction?

No, it is free to buy and sell. Club members get a better split on items they sell vs non members.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I wished I had a local fish auction :(

At least, I don't know of one

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't updated since the spring auction. We came home with a lot of nice fish. Pics are of some of our new fish, and some of our old fish.

Cynotilapia afra Cobue
img_2917104_0_2272c024656625f248a35d675cdb005a.jpg

Labidochromis hongi "red top"
img_2917104_1_bbbc8414da90932253ec815150d66964.jpg

Purple fire guppies
img_2917104_2_d52b178f3a979b72ba0156b33e82e641.jpg

Apistogramma cacatuoides "super red"
img_2917104_3_0da31bbcdb3832af8edb91150f5487b2.jpg

Xystichromis phytophagus "Christmas Fulu"
img_2917104_4_0ba2da50d883b13b18f36e24d3c37b83.jpg

Gymnogeophagus labiatus sp. Valintine "big lips" (undescribed species, wild from Uruguay)
img_2917104_5_60d431acf307e0e564a04803d91b44de.jpg

Pundamilia sp. Naso Bay Red Side
img_2917104_6_8c2910f4f55418e1464f0821f018202b.jpg

are they hard to breed? Special water requirements?

Cacatuoides are easy to keep and breed. I've kept double red, triple red, and orange flash before getting the super reds. I've bred them before, just didn't take the time to raise the fry. This time I want breeder points so I'll do what I can to breed them and raise the fry. They are still a little young for breeding, I think. The male is barely over an inch long.

Yah he still has the dark coloration of a cranky teenager... Is "double orange" a misnomer? Is there just that many variations?

The fish in your avatar would be considered a double red (even though it's orange... yeah, I know, I know). Triple reds have the orange coloration on the anal fin in addition to the dorsal and caudal. Super reds have the orange coloration on the pectoral fins in addition to the dorsal, caudal and anal fins. At least, that's how it was explained to me.

Orange flash lack the black patterning on the fins. Their fins are solid bright orange.

There are some gold varieties now too, I think. I don't know anyone around here that has any.

All these months I've been living a lie..... Double red it is;) at any rate he's the coolest fish I have!! So here's a question Severummama.. Would all the females look close enough that there's a chance that the fry I currently have could turn out to be a different color variation??

The fish in your avatar would be considered a double red (even though it's orange... yeah, I know, I know). Triple reds have the orange coloration on the anal fin in addition to the dorsal and caudal. Super reds have the orange coloration on the pectoral fins in addition to the dorsal, caudal and anal fins. At least, that's how it was explained to me.

Orange flash lack the black patterning on the fins. Their fins are solid bright orange.

There are some gold varieties now too, I think. I don't know anyone around here that has any.

Wow i thought that they had orange, and red. Oops :/

I don't actually know how that works, lol. We have kept more wild type apistos than hobby strains. They're very popular in our area, largely because our tap water is really well suited to keeping and breeding them.

I don't actually know how that works, lol. We have kept more wild type apistos than hobby strains. They're very popular in our area, largely because our tap water is really well suited to keeping and breeding them.

I also tend to prefer the wilds and wild type apsitos more then the triple reds.

Aww man, I kind of hope they're the same, if they're different I'll have to keep some.. That means a new tank..this could be a problem..you have nice soft water??

Back
Top Bottom