redsea's 20g Freshwater Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks!

I was thinking that maybe they seemed to look a little thin because of algae wafers possibly getting sucked up by the filter. Once they start to break I part, I see them moving around a little bit. I would like to think that is pretty unlikely, however. :lol:

I have never actually witnessed algae wafers being sucked up, but I was thinking that maybe it happens when I leave the room......

Try adding bloodworms, frozen is fine, as this add more protien to their diet and helps condition them. Cory's are omnivores and need a variety of foods and not just plant based ones.

Thank you.

So frozen Bloodworms? That sounds good to me, next time I am at a LFS I will be sure to pick some up for my little guys. ;) Are there any other frozen foods that Cories enjoy that I can pick up?

That's one of my staples but you don't need many at all and I always dethaw them in a dixie cup with tank water and then pour all the "red" liquid off before feeding. It just seems less messy for me.

Does anybody know what this fungus-looking thing is on my Bacopa?

Attachments

• image-644822602.jpg
    image-644822602.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 52
I hope not! Lol. I did get all my plants either in tubes or bags on the "shelf" at PetSmart.

Thanks so much for posting, I appreciate it a lot!

I think the bags are snail free, not sure about the tubes. If they say snail free then most likely not snail eggs. I can't make the pic bigger to see it closer, on my phone :(

It is something that has grown fungus/mold on it. Just clip the leaf with it off and it will be fine.

When should I take out my filter floss to rinse the particulates out of it? Or will that kill my bacteria?

When should I take out my filter floss to rinse the particulates out of it? Or will that kill my bacteria?
When ever you like really. I usually do mine from my canister every 8wks. Really depends on your stock levels etc. Just remember to rinse it in old tank water and don't let it dry out....

I just do it when it seems like my filter isn't working like it should, showing signs of slow and clogged flow

Back
Top Bottom