Reef bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claw Atticas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I went to my LFS for some reef pods (With the live copepods swimming about), but they were out of them (Whenever I decide not to buy them, they have them... When I choose to buy them, they're sold out!). Instead, they recommended to me Reef Bugs, which I purchased (Has a bag with several cups worth, when a 1/4tsp will do, and a shelf life of 1-3 years!).
I looked around, and found a lot of people said they didn't want anything to do with it just because it was a Marc Weiss product, but I also found a few other messages of people that said they tried it and liked it (update on reef bugs and Mark Weiss products).
Does anyone here have any experience with Reef Bugs? I'm hoping to increase my copepod population for a future Green Mandarin Dragonet (And hoping it might eat reef bugs too!)

Yea we sell the reef bugs at my fish store, sorry never tried it first hand have no use for it, but have a lot of people not like it and havent had good luck with it. Just personal preference. Its not a big seller you could say.

I would expect that you have a fairly decent population of pods with a refugium on your system. The easiest way to get more pods is to buy some cheato from a fellow reefer in your area and put that into your fuge.

I'm not real crazy about buying "reef bugs" from online souces like that. If you have a good amount of LR and the fuge you should have no issues with pod population.

I saw that product too. Does anyone have experience with it? I dont have a refugium.

Back
Top Bottom