Rescued betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My friend at work had a betta in a 1g hex tank with aa albino Cory and he was asking people if they wanted it because the maintenance was too much for him. So me being me I said I'd take them so he wouldn't have to deal with it. So I got them home and put the Cory in my 20g with my other Cory cats and I set up a 2.5g tank for my betta that was in my 20g and put the rescued betta in my 20g for some pampering. I don't plan on keeping my betta in a 2.5g so I was thinking of some tank ideas and want some input

Idea 1: A 20g long tank with a weak power head and a school of neon tetras and ghost shrimp as cleanup with nerite snails for algae control

Idea 2: A 55g standard tank with a school of harlequin rasboras and a school of black skirt tetras with dojo loaches as clean up and cae as algae control

Idea 3: A 10g heavy planted tank with some cherry shrimp and a nerite snail

Opponents on best rout to go would be appreciated. Budget is a factor in this but I'm looking for cheaper in the long run not upfront cost.

Keep calm and drum on

I wouldn't do #2. CAE are bad news, black skirt tetras will nip fins, and dojo loaches prefer much cooler water than bettas.

I like idea #3. I have that setup, although with an aborichthys loach and some glowlight tetras instead of cherry shrimp and a snail. I do love the setup though.

Back
Top Bottom