Sand and Bubble Wand Compatibility?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryanplaya

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As I just posted in the introduction forum, I just got a freshwater setup. I'd like to get rid of the black, red, and white gravel and replace with a sand substrate. I just purchased 3x 10" Aqua Mist Add A Stone Aerating Bubble Wand and a 5.5" one for a total of 35.5" to cover my 36" back wall. On the surface, it looks like that won't be a problem. I fear I won't be able to bury the bubble wands in the substrate. I have read that it is OK to bury (they may have been referring to gravel) and others say absolutely do not bury. Ideally, I would like to bury them I think, but won't if I shouldn't.

Anyone have any experience with this or something similar and can shed some light on the subject?

Thanks!

I've burring bubble wands in sand with no issues. You can always try it and see if it works out. If not take them out and put them somewhere else.

I think it very well could depend on the type of sand and bubble wand a person has. No harm in trying it out though.

Good to know. Thank you. I am OK with trying it and seeing if it will work or not. I am hoping to not break them by trying. Lol. I suppose I will just bury one and give it a go before burying all of them.

Back
Top Bottom