Saved goldfish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jlk said:
LOL!!! My cats (after getting their paws wet) refuse to venture anywhere near the tanks in fear of going for a swim!! :)

Hahaha. Maybe thats what I need do. Let her get wet lol. I'm scared she's going to break the glass if she jumps on it the wrong way.

Someone suggested in another similar thread about cats on top of tanks to use a squirt bottle of water to teach them to stay off. I guess because my cats get an occasional bath (maybe 3x a yr) they LOATHE anything full of water....

My cat seems to hate the spray bottle but like jumping in the shower with me. I will never figure her out. She also likes to play with the tank water and sleep on top of them too! Nice to see than no matter where you are a cat is a cat.

jlk said:
Someone suggested in another similar thread about cats on top of tanks to use a squirt bottle of water to teach them to stay off. I guess because my cats get an occasional bath (maybe 3x a yr) they LOATHE anything full of water....

Ive heard of that too. Might have to give it a go if she makes a habit of it. She's petrified of water from medicated baths as a kitten.
skiweeangel said:
My cat seems to hate the spray bottle but like jumping in the shower with me. I will never figure her out. She also likes to play with the tank water and sleep on top of them too! Nice to see than no matter where you are a cat is a cat.

The shower?! Lol! My cat won't even go in the rain.

So sorry. Not sure what happened with our city water here, but last month I ended up with diatom outbreaks in all three tanks! and one has been up and running for three years. I always hate dealing with how yucky they make everything look. Hope it doesn't mess things up too much. How is your DIY filter running?

skiweeangel said:
So sorry. Not sure what happened with our city water here, but last month I ended up with diatom outbreaks in all three tanks! and one has been up and running for three years. I always hate dealing with how yucky they make everything look. Hope it doesn't mess things up too much. How is your DIY filter running?

Haha thanks! So far the only problem I can see (other than the ugliness of it) is its clogging my filters a bit. What's really odd is it's growing up the glass but only up to the line of the last PWC.
The filters going well :) seems to be doing a pretty good job. Still on the look out for a cheap canister. If I can't get one I'll have to buy a new one in the new year.

Grrr! Stupid powerhead keeps packing it in! Making all sorts of horrible noises. Found I have to fix it 2-3 times a day but I think it's just about to die :( I've got a couple of bids on some canisters at the moment but I think they might go over what I can spend. I'm thinking of just buying a new one and telling hubby it cost less than it actually did. Hahaha!

I do the same thing with my husband!!!! He doesnt know i just spent almost a hundred on a single fish....i told him she was $40!

jlk said:
I do the same thing with my husband!!!! He doesnt know i just spent almost a hundred on a single fish....i told him she was $40!

Which fish?! Haha i cant believe this hobby has made liers out of the both of you;) hahah

Ordered her from a breeder in Hawaii. She a beautiful broadtail (veiltail) moor! Will post a pic when shes fully recovered from shipping! It seems that online is the only way to get what you really want! And now im looking at the auction showroom....im husband is going to flip if buy another fish :)

jlk said:
Ordered her from a breeder in Hawaii. She a beautiful broadtail (veiltail) moor! Will post a pic when shes fully recovered from shipping! It seems that online is the only way to get what you really want! And now im looking at the auction showroom....im husband is going to flip if buy another fish :)

LOL. Don't tell him. When he asks, 'Oh, this old thing I've had it's for years!' lol!

LOL!!!! Im afraid it might not work though....my daughter has to point out any 'new fishies' to daddy the second he walks in the door!!

Haha that's funny, I tell my wife my parents buy me my fish and supplies when they come around. What momma don't know don't hurt her :D

Hey momma of two, I just wanted to say ur awesome for saving those Goldie's! And I was wondering if tanks in queensland are expensive like in Sydney. Like I bought a second hand 140L tank and it was $50 and found it in a pet store for $300 is it the same? I find the prices here ridiculous for fish also. $5 for 1 bronze corydoras. Is that the same with you

Jason7894561230 said:
Hey momma of two, I just wanted to say ur awesome for saving those Goldie's! And I was wondering if tanks in queensland are expensive like in Sydney. Like I bought a second hand 140L tank and it was $50 and found it in a pet store for $300 is it the same? I find the prices here ridiculous for fish also. $5 for 1 bronze corydoras. Is that the same with you

Thanks!!
Tanks are stupidly over priced IMO. I'm so jealous of everyone saying 10g/40L tanks are 15-20 bucks. I payed $125 for my 40L kit! My 70g/270L tank and stand cost me $250 secondhand. And the new goldfish tank was $115 for just the tank! I payed $8 each for panda cories that have all died within 2 months. I also payed $45 for my master test kit plus shipping.

Back
Top Bottom