Schooling Fish Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could.do rose line sharks but you will need a bigger tank eventually

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Petsmart has harlequin rasboras, they list them as rasbora heteromorpha though the official Latin name is Trigonostigma heteromorpha. Petsmart lists several Iowa locations, including Ankeny (Des Moines). :)

+1 on the harlequin rasboras. Cant imagine that nobody in your area has them. One of most common fish you can find

Ok sorry guys. Idk if pet smart has them of not but I went to a locally owned fish store and they had them. I picked up 5 Harlequin rasboras and another guppy. I really appreciate everybody's input. I've never seen those fish anywhere before and either store doesn't list them on their website

I've heard that neons will get eaten by angel fish once the angel is big enough. You might have success with rummy nose tetrasImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396657986.950421.jpg
They're bigger than neons and are one of the tightest schooling fishes out there.

These aren't neons... I don't think anyway. They are Harlequin rasboras. My angel is pretty small yes so I am hoping they will get bigger at the same time and have no problems .

Never mind, I was assuming you were referring to previous posts. Sorry about that. Thanks for the advice

The angel will eat no tetras, I've had a school if 20 neon tetras and an angelfish together and it went fine
Add them if you wish

Back
Top Bottom