Scott's DIY 10 Gallon Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you guys think 580 gph is too much flow for a 10?

2 x 240 koralia ph's
+ 100 gph return pump from sump

I think you'll be fine. I would put two 240's at least in a 10g and the 100gph return wont make much more of an impact I bet. :)

Sweet thanks!
I got all of my stuff today but I thought it might've been overkill.
These LED lights are sweet!

It's mostly finished. I still have to wait on my return pump and u-tube to get here. Also have to pick up an ATO container, and sand & bulb for my fuge.

Scrubbing and boiling rocks right now. They've been sitting outside and are all kinds of nasty.

I will probably do some rockscaping tonight but probably no pics until monday when I get it filled!

I've got a while but I kinda wanna think about stocking.

I am thinking a firefish and a yellow clown goby. I could get away with another micro fish. Any suggestions?

I've seen some cool dwarf clownfish at my lfs. I don't know how they do it but they are mini and dont grow to full size. A yellow watchman goby would be cool but with a goby already I'm not sure. How about inverts?

You could get neon gobies, purple firefish, a two spot blenny, (the two spot gobies are hard to feed arent they?) maybe a cardinal fish. Lots of options. Have you checked under nano fish on live aquaria? Thats where I get most of my ideas

Yeah good idea. I was just thinking what I want that I see in often at the LFS. I'm heading over there now.

Inverts.. other than my cleanup crew probably not. Though I think a fire shrimp would be awesome but probably too big for my 10g.

I also want to make sure everything is reef safe and compatible with each other.

... why is it so hard to make rocks look pretty when piled together!

Alright, so I am thinking firefish, yellow clown goby, yellow prawn goby, and fire shrimp.

Anyone see any problems?

I might need to rethink then. The rock I have is pretty dense and not many nooks or crannies.

I know my rocks suck. It's "lace" rock that I bought from the LFS when I didn't know what I was doing. I'm going to use them though. Scrubbed them and boiled them.

What do you guys think? Too much rock? Not enough rock? Too ugly? I'm entirely undecided.

img_1783875_0_e069944599a4c8e50a9e7eb600d38412.jpg

EDIT| lol i suppose i should add that it looks funny because there's no water in there!

Thank you for your input!

I have an epoxy stick ;)
I generally cut them off of the plug and epoxy them onto the rock. Or if it comes on a piece of rock rubble I have no problem adding the rock to the system.

Yep :)
One thing I know about sticking frags in places is that you should use super glue AND epoxy. Make a ball of epoxy and put glue on each side. Stick one side to the frag, and the other to the rock. Works great!

Back
Top Bottom