Shoaling Fish Best Practices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SHOALING not schooling -
Shoaling: where fish congregate in an area and genrally swim together - traditional of marine fish and larger fish post fry,
Schooling: Where fish swim and attempt to clone each others manuvers, similar to tetras and danios.

Question posed again, Flagfish - Clown Knifes - Arrowana - Arapaima Gigas, whats a healthy Shoaling Number....

220 gallons? WOW .. In a tank that size you can get a nice community tank going. I'd get 7 different species of Barbs ... 6-8 in each species .. along with some Zebra Danios and Serpae Tetra. Throw in the occasional solitary fish like Redtail / Rainbow Sharks and a couple Gouramis.

I would imagine fish like that tolerate company, they do not seek it and the arowana would fill even that that tank, and the Arapiama needs a river.

Well if I'm reading it correctly on your profile, I can't help but suggest you move some of those fish out of those hideously overstocked 20 and 29 gal tanks and into the 220.... Even with tons of filtration they still need space. :)

Back
Top Bottom