Show me your plecos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my adopted pleco
94222-albums14127-picture67622.jpg

depends on the breed some are really hard to tell. for those you place pleco caves in the tank and see which ones go in them. only the male will choose a cave and guard it.

others like bristlenose are easier the males get a face full of bristles and the femles usually only have a few on the side of the face

common or
Rio-Negro Pleco (L 135) or
Thomasi Pleco (L-187b)

Bushy Nose Pleco
this 1 is not a pleco but a tip would help if it is better Loricaria Catfish

depends on the breed some are really hard to tell. for those you place pleco caves in the tank and see which ones go in them. only the male will choose a cave and guard it.

others like bristlenose are easier the males get a face full of bristles and the femles usually only have a few on the side of the face

common or
Rio-Negro Pleco (L 135) or
Thomasi Pleco (L-187b)

Bushy Nose Pleco
this 1 is not a pleco but a tip would help if it is better Loricaria Catfish :confused:

I'm setting up a tank for.... A zebra pleco! I've been saving up forever! I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

congrats

one thing I like to do is get one then small submersable flow pumps like they use in salt water tanks (abt $17) to create a current at the bottom of larger tanks it makes plecos super happy

My chocolate Pleco chillin under my sword with my elephant noseImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411930431.373741.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412480271.120525.jpg

My royal

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416744264.007020.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416744294.263596.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416744318.628583.jpg
Are these dwarf plecos or could they be juvenile leopard plecos? The newly started shop where I got them from called them "Chinese sucker-mouths" but I couldn't find any detail on them from the net.

They do fit the description. Especially the "topping" action.

Yes. They are. Just found out that Butterfly Plecos are actually loaches.

Back
Top Bottom