Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New part of the betta team I got goin in my room . I love these fish !

image-1689087102.jpg

Good water (planted, heated, filtered and often changed), good food and low levels of stress (low current, low noise and lights that cycle) can affect the bettas in such nice ways. My fish is about 20% bigger since I got him (already an adult). You can't see much without a reference, but take a look at the size/proportions of the fins:

In other words: please take good care of your fish! I am seeing here on this thread the most adorable collection of bettas I have ever seen.

Attachments

• image-3457960482.jpg
    image-3457960482.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I found this betta at my local pet smart it just had male betta on the cup. ?

image-1228373883.jpg

It is a royal blue Veil Tail, with some expression of the (quite common yet very attractive) red pigment.

Ok I figured but wasn't sure I also have a crown tail !

image-331551013.jpg

But my veil tale that I just got has pink and purple in him !

I'll take a picture when she has colored up a little but I found a nice blue female betta at Walmart today. It looks like she may be a crowntail! And since Walmart categorizes their Bettas as female, male, or crowntail, I got her pretty cheap since they don't distinguish fin types for the females. Yay me! She is currently hanging out in a big vase for observation before she goes into the sorority. Wanted to give her time to relax and recover from being in a fairly icky cup and to make sure she isn't showing any sign of disease. I also bid on a female black orchid/blue female on aquabid today, and hopefully when the auction ends in a couple hours no one will have outbid me! Might bid on a white female from the same seller, although I wish he offered pick up since he is located like 45 minutes away from me and I could save them the stress of shipping.

Edit: she has stopped showing stress lines, so I snapped a picture.

image-765191734.jpg

I'll take a picture when she has colored up a little but I found a nice blue female betta at Walmart today. It looks like she may be a crowntail! And since Walmart categorizes their Bettas as female, male, or crowntail, I got her pretty cheap since they don't distinguish fin types for the females. Yay me! She is currently hanging out in a big vase for observation before she goes into the sorority. Wanted to give her time to relax and recover from being in a fairly icky cup and to make sure she isn't showing any sign of disease. I also bid on a female black orchid/blue female on aquabid today, and hopefully when the auction ends in a couple hours no one will have outbid me! Might bid on a white female from the same seller, although I wish he offered pick up since he is located like 45 minutes away from me and I could save them the stress of shipping.

Edit: she has stopped showing stress lines, so I snapped a picture.

View attachment 167333

She is a crowntail Alyxx and nice! Hope you win the orchid!

Thought so. I've had really good luck with Walmart and female Bettas simply because they don't sell them as if females come in any variety other than veiltail. I've found crowntail girls there before. They don't get many females, though, and they have started kind of hiding them in the little nook where the sink and stuff is for netting fish out of the tanks. So there may be four or five, but they aren't really picked over like the males on the shelf are, and people are less likely to mess with them. I've seen a male in a cup with nearly as much fish food as water because someone dumped a bunch in... If anyone was around I would have had them change his water, or done it myself if I wasn't afraid of getting kicked out.

And with no bids so far and only 2 hours to go, I'm sure I'll win her. Might bid on one of his white females as well and get them shipped together. Even if he won't do pickup, he does at least combine shipping. Although it sucks, if he could arrange a pickup I could go see my mom, pick them up, and get them home in 45 minutes and they could avoid a day in a box. They are in my hometown.

Uh oh... Just realized this guy has a few "sale priced" crowntails available, including a rather yellow/orange male. Oh boy, the ol' MTS and betta fever are starting to kick in big time.

Really makes me wish I had room for more males right now. But until I get my fish room all set up I am out of luck. Man, I need to get to lowes for stand materials. I think I may get the white female halfmoon he is selling, too.

Thought so. I've had really good luck with Walmart and female Bettas simply because they don't sell them as if females come in any variety other than veiltail. I've found crowntail girls there before. They don't get many females, though, and they have started kind of hiding them in the little nook where the sink and stuff is for netting fish out of the tanks. So there may be four or five, but they aren't really picked over like the males on the shelf are, and people are less likely to mess with them. I've seen a male in a cup with nearly as much fish food as water because someone dumped a bunch in... If anyone was around I would have had them change his water, or done it myself if I wasn't afraid of getting kicked out.

And with no bids so far and only 2 hours to go, I'm sure I'll win her. Might bid on one of his white females as well and get them shipped together. Even if he won't do pickup, he does at least combine shipping. Although it sucks, if he could arrange a pickup I could go see my mom, pick them up, and get them home in 45 minutes and they could avoid a day in a box. They are in my hometown.

Nice ! I have only seen one girl at Walmart. But one lfs had girls in with the boy cups...I got one myself. You got the orchid in the bag and too bad he dont do pick up:blink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom