Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know how long it takes before you can start to tell what sex/type betta you've got...?
My lil baby still just looks like a lil baby fish. Dying to know what he/she actually is!

Unnamed as of yet. He glows with the slightest light, it's gorgeous.

Attachments

• image-698373587.jpg
    image-698373587.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 98
So do the bettas eat the mosquito larvae ?!
I've never heard this before!

Yes! Mine also loooove brine shrimp and blood worms and frozen peas. I thaw stuff out and mix with their tank water and they all dart after their meal. I rotate their diet still looking for more variety. Can say this though, once I introduced frozen food, they started turning their noses up on pellets and flakes...:) stinkers

Here's my newest baby:). He was ignored by the people and given to me by an elderly employee because he felt bad for the fish since the store hadn't really taken care of it and pretty much was to the point of going to let all the water to evaporate! I got him from not being able to have its body in the water without being on his side, he wasn't able to swim upright and I thought that he was a goner, but it's been 2 days and he's really perked up! He LOVES live black worms and frozen brine shrimp. He is now residing in a 10g that's all his!

It's so hard going to the pet store and not getting a betta...I went today and wanted to get like ten of them lol wish I had more space

I know! Me 2:) and every time...:) let's just keep on spreading the word I has bound to get to some place of significance.

These are my new bettas:

image-3559137553.jpg

The mother: Creuza

image-2495589214.jpg

The father: Cassius

image-372445645.jpg

The first free swimmers

Attachments

• image-1771523764.jpg
    image-1771523764.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 95
Here are a few of mine's Aquabid pictures. They always look amazing in their AB pics, but I can't replicated them to save my life in real life lol. Someday I'll learn!

My favorite male - putting him in the spawn tub with his sister next week. Aquastar71 was the seller
8658454975_2f76ba2e6e.jpg

bought this girl to breed with the male above, but she isnt a dragon scale, so I decided to keep her as eye candy instead, much prettier and more colorful in person
fwbettashm1365969990.jpg

Another girl I bought for the male above but decided to pass on
fwbettashm1367641800.jpg

as you can tell, i went on a female buying spree, it's hard to find something to match him so I just got 4 of the closest lookers.
fwbettashm1367510740.jpg

Another of my future breeder males, once I figure out which female I'd like to use
fwbettashm1367639407.jpg

eye candy -- as you can see in this picture, the dragon scaling is starting to cover his eyes and he'll eventually go blind from it. Wanted to give him a good home where I have some experience with impaired bettas rather than him going to someone that wanted to breed him
fwbettashm1368982177.jpg

have a bit of buyers remorse on this guy, not sure if I'll keep or sell him, but was bought originally as eye candy
fwbettashm1368841807.jpg

Just thought this girl was too rare to pass up! heck of a deal (IMO) too!
fwbettashmp1369024887.jpg

another girl I couldnt pass up, had a bit of a bidding war on her
fwbettashmp1369025207.jpg

one of the brothers to the first male, just in case he decides to be a bad dad/breeder
8701234691_49ed51b143.jpg

eye candy, I call him popcorn!
fwbettashmp1369721199.jpg

last but not least, pinwheels! another source of eye candy. I've never seen a betta with it's pectorals looking like that -- had a heck of a time dealing with this seller, showroombetta, I"ll never recommend him to anyone but the fish was too gorgeous to pass up!
fwbettashmp1369572859.jpg

thanks! I needed to add some fresh blood to my existing stock. Took forever to figure out what exactly I wanted and how many I would need total. I'm up to around 30 breeders now with 7 more on their way, not including fry or juvies

Nice Babies! Love em all! I got two that I got from you in breed right now....Decided the Giant boy, and the Marbled girl for this one....His sister was not ready (And I could NOT net her, she was being onery!) The marbled girl is REAL eggy and striped so I chose her for this one.

I have had good luck with Petco babies Not a bad thing for 1.99 and getting to watch em grow. So far we got 2 HM male and female, one CT female, and a VT female.
Here's some pics...
1st is Eleanor HM marbled female. The camera doesn't do her colors justice.
she is a Petco baby
2nd is Eleanor again. Trying to get her colors in a better light. She is about 4 months old or so, when we got her she was about a 1/2 inch long.
3rd is Alex. He is a Mustard gas HM, but you cant see that from his pics! Little brat is too fast, and dont hold still! He was also a Petco baby

4th is is Geddy and he was just annoying me while I was taking pics

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 104
My red crowntail betta, Fífo :) He's my first! Got him from walmart in very good condition (our walmart takes good care of their fish) and he's doing great!

Attachments

• image-264449528.jpg
    image-264449528.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1040542997.jpg
    image-1040542997.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 78
It's so hard going to the pet store and not getting a betta...I went today and wanted to get like ten of them lol wish I had more space

I went to a new store and I found one which had color I hadn't seen together before quite stunning, and It was all I could do to keep myself from walking up to the counter with him in my hand!!!!:whistle:

They also had a few golden yellow ones which were very beautiful/ striking!

Love them!

New here as of today and am starting off again with bettas

My two females where rescues from Walmart. One of my females who is super camera shy was jumping out of her cup and sticking herself out of the water onto the plastic because her water was so filthy and she had fin rot. She is still shy but doing great now. She is a bit territorial so she is in her own tank with two snails which is the only thing he doesnt mind. My other I got because I have never seen her coloration in person and was wondering if anyone could tell me what she would be called? She is currently in a healing bowl she was bullied by another fish and her fins are now needing healing. Her home is on my night stand and she is very social and loves to watch while I lay in bed read. I attached one picture I dont know how to do more from my phone. I dont have names yet either.

New here as of today and am starting off again with bettas

Sorry still learning how to work this.

Well i cant seem to post pics lol but ill describe her. She is off white with a very faint pinkish/purple color and has patches/spots of grey kind of lavender in color.

Back
Top Bottom