Show off your snails!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
David was busy this morning, fell off the plant just after I took this pic though :nono:

img_3200497_0_a6f46fb816bed38e770bfe5259e39038.jpg

Another great photo! David really is beautiful or I guess I should say handsome!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

So far my 4 nerites seem very well fed on all the brown algae. I did put an algae waffer in about a week ago and in the morning there was still pieces left with no snails on them so I took what was left out. If I add a wafer will they eventually find it if the fish don't eat it all? Do you recommend anything else to feed them. I think I've read spinach, zucchini and lettuce before. How long do you leave it in there before taking leftovers out? Thanks so much for the help. I am really loving all the different snails and really want to get more but want to make sure I know how to take care of them first.

The snail's will find the food. I usually put veg in at night and take out what's left in the morning kinda gives them all time to eat it.
Spinach, cucumber, kale, wafers, hikari crab cuisine (contains calcium ) flake and pellets really they'll eat anything lol cuttlebone in the tank is a good idea to. Think that's all! ?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Needless to say my mystery snail has alot of miles on him. Ive found him in the living room, kitchen and bathroom(apt 650sqft:). Well, a year ago I became Pavlov. When the dinner bell rings he comes to the surface with his batwing out waiting for a treat of whatever I have lying around. That being said, I think hes become content and broke his wandering nature.
Hes even got a little buddy shrimplet riding around with him.
I have great intentions on getting a real camera to help you kind people not feel its your eyes that are blurry. just a bad cam phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428540426230.jpg
    1428540426230.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 67
  • 1428540453793.jpg
    1428540453793.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 83
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428547139.009717.jpg

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

The snail's will find the food. I usually put veg in at night and take out what's left in the morning kinda gives them all time to eat it.
Spinach, cucumber, kale, wafers, hikari crab cuisine (contains calcium ) flake and pellets really they'll eat anything lol cuttlebone in the tank is a good idea to. Think that's all! ?

Thank you so much for this info! Definitely going to look into getting some of these other great looking snails!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Needless to say my mystery snail has alot of miles on him. Ive found him in the living room, kitchen and bathroom(apt 650sqft:). Well, a year ago I became Pavlov. When the dinner bell rings he comes to the surface with his batwing out waiting for a treat of whatever I have lying around. That being said, I think hes become content and broke his wandering nature.
Hes even got a little buddy shrimplet riding around with him.
I have great intentions on getting a real camera to help you kind people not feel its your eyes that are blurry. just a bad cam phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is such a great story! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He is so awesome!! I wish I could find one like him, sadly being in Canada makes it a bit harder I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks!

Snail line up

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428934379315.jpg
    1428934379315.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 81
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428940019.582252.jpg
Defying gravity. Never cease to surprise me.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428940105.531849.jpg
Mystery hanging out with the crayfish.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Cool pic's!
How does the cray get on with your snail? Always wanted one but worried incase it ate my snail's!
Lesley

They really don't bother each other. The 2 Crayfish living in the tank I hand caught out of my backyard lake.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

They really don't bother each other. The 2 Crayfish living in the tank I hand caught out of my backyard lake.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Saw dwarf crayfish at my LFS today and wasn't sure if they'd be ok with my stock.

Back
Top Bottom