Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:thanks: I worked pretty hard to get it set up, I am so glad everyone likes it!

Omg. I love everything about your tank lol.

What kind of snails are those?

Lmao Lynda! Oh and I just looked in my tank and a few of my females are saddled. Hope the males are feeling frisky!

Last edited by a moderator:
Omg. I love everything about your tank lol.

What kind of snails are those?

Sorry didn't see your question, most of the snails are just regular old pond snails and ramshorn snails, gotten from the local pond. Gotta love cheap (free) critters!

Very nice :D

The shrimp look like painted fire reds >_< Lucky.

Sorry didn't see your question, most of the snails are just regular old pond snails and ramshorn snails, gotten from the local pond. Gotta love cheap (free) critters!

Just be careful, Wild Caught snails can introduce some nasty critters to your tanks. But your tank does look very nice. Here is a link with good info.

Yeah I'm aware of the risks, I put the snails in there weeks before the shrimp, so I could watch and see how stuff went. I know that isn't going to help much against internal parasites but I've been collecting wild stuff for years(just not for an aquarium). In my opinion (which means nothing) the risk is fine for me.

Yeah I'm aware of the risks, I put the snails in there weeks before the shrimp, so I could watch and see how stuff went. I know that isn't going to help much against internal parasites but I've been collecting wild stuff for years(just not for an aquarium). In my opinion (which means nothing) the risk is fine for me.

That's fine, I posted it as well for other people reading this thread. I had a planaria outbreak and had to deal with that without killing my Shrimp or Snails. Safe Guard dog dewormer....never woulda thought of it LOL

How CUTE. Very very nice. I'm happy for you. :).

--I'm still looking for my shrimp. I'm determined to get them at a good price. I'm paying on shipping for everything, so I am trying to get good deals (like the spec deal for $40) on shrimp, too.

Tell me, what did you get your shrimp for again? And what are you feeding them, including the babies?

I got the really red ones for 2 bucks and the other's for about 1 dollar. I just feed them algae wafers, sometimes I'll blanch some veggies and toss it in there. Baby shrimp eat something but I have no idea what lmao! I've got alot of light going on that tank so probably algae.

Found this on TPT
Seller is epicfish

The Planted Tank: ** FS: Red Cherry Shrimp!! ** (by epicfish)
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?p=678916
Price: $1.00 each, plus shipping based upon order size. (~$4-$7)

DOA Guarantee: Please send a clear picture of the shrimp in the original shipping bag to rcs [at] epicfish [dot] net within 4 hours of delivery in the case of deaths during transit. Note, extra shrimp will be shipped to offset a few deaths, so the DOA guarantee is for death of most or all of the package.

All packages shipped with delivery confirmation number.

They'll come in a range of sizes, minimum size is 1/4", any babies are free with purchase. ;) I'm guessing there'll be at least 3 babies with every purchase. Shrimp will be shipped in Kordon breather bags with some plants in the bag for them to hang on to during shipping.

Here are some pictures taken May 25, 2009 of my adult tanks. All the juvies I'm selling come from this mother stock:
img_1912187_0_323199af36b800ce6debfe2882c3e3d1.jpg

img_1912187_1_775044949b32dcef2e4661241d446ffd.jpg

img_1912187_2_59c32521ca759d6496f2ff460c02ac8b.jpg

Here's a picture taken by Ibn of an adult:

img_1912187_3_5b06404cbd86e95c965ca722e3231287.jpg

Thanks!
>>>>>>>>><

They are a nice color. Maybe not as solid as a Fire Red but very nice ! At least looks good in pics. Power Seller also, that's good.

Share via Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone

Another with PFRs. TPT again
Seller is ykh

When he mentions Strain comes from Jimko, that is my Club member Jimmy Ko. I hope to get Fire Reds from him soon.

The Planted Tank: [SALE] German K14 and Painted Fire Red (PFR) (by ykh)
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1830440
I have 2 german imported K14 shrimps for sale. What you see in the pic is what you get. The bigger one is more than 1" and I have it for about 10 months, the smaller one is about 0.75 " and have it for less than 6 months. When I got them, they were much smaller.

I would like both shipped for $140 via Express Mail with live delivery guarantee. $115 via Priority Mail with no live delivery guarantee.

img_1912206_0_c4e63345710b8bc463415e8b54d41c32.jpg

img_1912206_1_4acf8a4bd5b208c74ada0ea946d43eea.jpg

I also have 10 young painted fire red shrimps for sale at $40 shipped via Priority Mail with live delivery guarantee. They are about 0.3"-0.5". Just need to keep in mind that it takes quite a long time for this strain to show the deep red colors, the young shrimps won't develop deep red colors until they mature. Pic is showing my adult breeders, I originally got young shrimps from Jimko.

img_1912206_2_908bbb535b684fe53994b2f3071c1be8.jpg

img_1912206_3_65b06824e88e6b5ce3c129ad6abb5704.jpg

Live delivery guarantee only applies for 1st delivery attempt(within 2-3 days delivery from ship date for Priority Mail and next delivery for Express Mail).If DOA happens, please email me a clear photo of the dead shrimp in the unopened breather bag within 2 hours of arrival for refund. The refund covers the only cost of the shrimp itself but not the shipping amount paid. Please read this term carefully and agree to it before you bid.

Share via Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom