Sick corey catfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elizabeth093

Aquarium Advice Newbie
he has been like this for three days, and i first noticed him three days ago because he was laying on his side, i thought he was dead but he was breathing very shallow, he also has problems swimming, when he tries to he ends up swimming on his side or upside down. today he has been able to stay upright a little better but yesterday and the day before it was very difficult for him to lay upright. he hasn't been eating and he's losing weight, his eyes are bulging out a bit and (if you couldnt tell from the picture) he has a white bulge or lump on his head. He seems to be breathing okay now, maybe only somewhat labored.
I also did a 70% water change three days ago and a 60% water change today. the parameters are all perfect.
does anyone know what is wrong with him, or what i should at least try to make him better??? someone told me swim bladder and i tried giving him a crushed up pea but he wont eat:( and that still doesnt explain the bump on his head.

Attachments

• Fishy.jpg
    Fishy.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 74
One of my Pepper Corys had the very symptom which was that bulge on the head, it then went on to him showing signs of pop eye and then it was sadly downhill from there, no matter how much I tried medicating it as well as seeing that water was always clean.

I hope your one is doing better than the experience Ive had with this.

Back
Top Bottom