sick cory plz help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish.OG87

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at my lfs and was browsing the aquariums before being helped, at the corner of my eye i spotted a corydoras aneus swimming rapidly to the top gasping for air. I noticed when it sat there it was breathing quite heavy and its eyes look bigger more like its eyes where about to pop out, also i noticed what looked to be cuts on its belly and gills where alot more red.
It was housed with other corydoras aneus and they all looked fine but this guy was all by its lonesome sick..
I told the ppl running the store and they said they would watch over it, but that answer i felt wasn't suffient..i bought him and brought him home and put him in my QT, it has a filter, heater and air stone going. All i have avaible is ich meds and aquarium salt..i know corys are sensitive to meds, so i just added 1/4 tsp of aquarium salt.
And ill do a pwc every 2days until he is better.
I've never had to cure a sick before especially a Cory, any help or advice would be great.
I'll try and add a pic n vid of Cory

Props to you, I absouluetly hate seeing fish in theese conditions at any store. Like at the lfs, there's always like 1 guppy getting thrown around in the current and is trying to move but too week. And not to mention all the dead electric blue rams!

About 4 days ago I went into get some cories. I told the lady to make sure she avoided this one particular fish he looked horrible, after she was bagging my fish I took a second look at the little guy his left eye was missing all the barbells were gone both front fins were thin little stumps I couldn't help but wonder if I could do something for him I kinda started debating to myself if I just wanted to go ahead and buy him at least I could give him a chance at life. The lady said she knew nobody would do anything for him there do she just gave him to me. The first day I wasn't sure how he was going to do as he was just banging into everything and not eating but now he's great the only weird thing is that he doesn't swim at the bottom like the other cories he swims all throughout the water column like the rest of the fifth in the tank. I am glad I got him he's actually a healthy little fish he obviously just had something horrible happen to him I know he would out died if I didn't take him

Research pop-eye, maybe internal parasites... I'm just guessing, but could be

Man sorry I never had cories, my Betta did recover from internal parasites and pop eye.

Sorry, ill look for the meds I used tomorrow and let you know the name so you can ask a Cory expert

Too bad. Pop eye as a symptom is very hard to narrow down a disease as there are many possibilities behind it.

RIP little dude! Say hi to my Betta Harris in heaven for me

Back
Top Bottom