Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its possible it wasa rough n tumble spawning. Theres no other occupants.... Correct?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, she looks to be handling it ok so I'm just gonna watch it and if something pops up I'll deal with it. Give her the clean water treatment for now.

I have methyl blue coming tomorrow and if I get wigglers over the weekend I'll order brine shrimp on monday shipped in time for them to be free-swimmers. Hopefully things get that far, at least with the angels! Honestly I'll be satisfied if I just get any wigglers out of the rams so I know they're properly fertilizing the eggs.

Thanks! I'm so excited!

So, I can see the ram eggs developing! Or at least I believe that's what I'm seeing! Each good egg appears to have 2 black dots on it.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's hoping the fish get here tomorrow... Can't say im not worried

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Im a lil worried myself USPS performance hasnt been the best lately. But im hoping for the best.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those angelfish are in world-class condition, have great genes, I think they can tough it out.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rams can beat the crap.out of each other, I've also witnessed a female tail sifting sand to the pint her fins were tore up.. they go hard. Gratz on the wigs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So, I've removed the pot dish and shaken the wigglers off into the ram raft. From what I've read this shouldn't be an issue?

I'm actually going to donate the dish (which still has fungus eggs stuck to it) to a fellow student who has done extensive research on saprolegnia AKA the "fungus" that grows on eggs (it's actually a parasitic algae...). As soon as she found out I had fungused eggs she begged me for some :lol: I'll probably give her some angelfish eggs as well. I've lost maybe 25% of them, but I still have a LOT of eggs.

I have ram wigglers! It's a little bit of consolation for our current postal predicament.
Now you da man!(y)
So, I've removed the pot dish and shaken the wigglers off into the ram raft. From what I've read this shouldn't be an issue?

I'm actually going to donate the dish (which still has fungus eggs stuck to it) to a fellow student who has done extensive research on saprolegnia AKA the "fungus" that grows on eggs (it's actually a parasitic algae...). As soon as she found out I had fungused eggs she begged me for some :lol: I'll probably give her some angelfish eggs as well. I've lost maybe 25% of them, but I still have a LOT of eggs.

No harm should come from shaking them off the tray.
If you can find a way to have the tray be upside down with one end up just an inch or so they will fall off in the future.

I am interested to hear about your fellow student and the fungus.:eek:

BIG TIME CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING WIGGLERS!!!:dance::dance::dance:

Any postal updates??

Now you da man!(y)

No harm should come from shaking them off the tray.
If you can find a way to have the tray be upside down with one end up just an inch or so they will fall off in the future.

I am interested to hear about your fellow student and the fungus.:eek:

BIG TIME CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING WIGGLERS!!!:dance::dance::dance:

Any postal updates??

In the future we'll have a deeper ram raft but this one was only about 2 inches deep so we couldn't find a way to get it to stay leaning!

She's been doing stuff with it for 2 years- developing methods to culture it for study among other things. She started with zebrafish eggs. I think she's also been cataloging strains which is why she always wants any saprolegnia I find in my various aquarium endeavors? I can ask her for more details if you're interested.

No postal updates. I'm trying not to think about it.

But I'll dance for wigglers! Here's hoping for a whole lot of angelfish wigglers too! (y) :dance:

No postal updates. I'm trying not to think about it.

But I'll dance for wigglers! Here's hoping for a whole lot of angelfish wigglers too! (y) :dance:

Poppa packs pretty good!(y)
I think barring them playing soccer with it you should be fine.:nono:

IMO you will have much greater success with the angels so .....:dance:

Poppa packs pretty good!(y)
I think barring them playing soccer with it you should be fine.:nono:

IMO you will have much greater success with the angels so .....:dance:

I think so too, and angels are what we want to do! Just going to try to beat my record of 3 rams raised from a single spawn! (That was from parent raising F1 rams ages ago)

I hope you're right about the angels. I feel awful that they're stuck like they are and it's so cold....

Holy bleep on a bleep sandwich.... I just found sinibotia pulchra and emperor botias for sale... think I should get some?

I don't know what they look like but get them anyway :D

Caleb

Sinibotia-pulchra.jpg

botia_udomritthiruji_x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom