Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yah.. if she feeds every 5 days theyll be fine, just pre portion out the feeds and hide the food haha... a good fast is actually good for the fish from time to time,.especially Lil piggie rams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yah.. if she feeds every 5 days theyll be fine, just pre portion out the feeds and hide the food haha... a good fast is actually good for the fish from time to time,.especially Lil piggie rams.

Yea they will be fine. I just hope I get left with some good solid stems to use for my new build. I've limited the plant choice down.
UG carpet up front. Blyxa japonica and pogo helfuri in front of front smaller stones. Ammania bonsai, rotala rotund and rotala Walichi in front of back stones. Then back drop of pogo erectus and pogo stellata. Wanted to try some hydrocotle verticillata draped on the stones

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ugh. I know the away-from-tank anxiety feeling.

I went to New York for 2 weeks and my mom took care of my tank.

How'd it go?

It was right when I set up my tank, and actually wasn't too bad.

I just ran my older fugeray (~25 PAR at that depth) for 6 hours and didn't dose fertilizer.

Everything went pretty much okay but at high light with sensitive ish fish I would be freaking out.

Yah. The one thing I do when I'm away for over a week is cut lighting in half as the ferts will not keep up..

Fertelizer

Apart from the substrate fertilizer that you maybe used when you started the aquarium what other additional supplements do you give to the plants to make them flourish and green and how frequently ?

Apart from the substrate fertilizer that you maybe used when you started the aquarium what other additional supplements do you give to the plants to make them flourish and green and how frequently ?

Dry ferts, liquid carbon, good amount of pressurised co2 and strong lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Holiday in the morning :) bring on Jamaica!

Tank shot before 2 weeks away...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410974186.130924.jpg

Tank has been heavily trimmed. Pressing on with new bud when i return. Will post a 2 week shot when i get back.

Fish carers list lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410974262.799163.jpg

Have a great trip man!! Tank looks sharp! As always.. list looks proper:)

Cheers buddy. Hows the dhg coming along?

It's not dead!! No.. it's doing very well in the 5.5, just trimmed it last night.. what a mess haha. The 20 has not taken off like I'd hoped but in did have the dhg sitting in a bucket for a but too long prior to planting so that may have something to do with it.

It's not dead!! No.. it's doing very well in the 5.5, just trimmed it last night.. what a mess haha. The 20 has not taken off like I'd hoped but in did have the dhg sitting in a bucket for a but too long prior to planting so that may have something to do with it.

Another reason i hated dhg. Its hard to net it all out after cutting.

Just remember the dhg loves nutrient rich substrates. Think of it as a normal grass lawn! Plenty osmocote tabs my friend

Another reason i hated dhg. Its hard to net it all out after cutting.

Just remember the dhg loves nutrient rich substrates. Think of it as a normal grass lawn! Plenty osmocote tabs my friend

Yah.. I'm going to add more o tabs to the patch that's not taking off.. all the clippings were sticking to the glass.. took me a bit to get them all out.

Holiday in the morning :) bring on Jamaica!

Tank shot before 2 weeks away...
View attachment 250234

Tank has been heavily trimmed. Pressing on with new bud when i return. Will post a 2 week shot when i get back.

Fish carers list lol

View attachment 250235

Dah dah dah, dah dah. I'm loving it!

Where did the red plants go? By the way some red Ludwigia would rock in there! I'd send you some if you wanted it but you're probably too far away.

It's the red one here:

Have fun!

I used to have red ludwigia, but im using asian plants in the new scape.

Im hoping to get better coloration from my stellata, rotundifolia and wallichii

I am also hoping the blyxa will get reddish as ive read it can under high light

I will also be adding hygrophila pinattifida for red hues

I'm guessing he didn't grab the Macdonald reference;) don't think England is plagued with fat (fast) food restaurants like us...

I grew up eating that stuff and did not catch the reference. I thought you were just having a moment. :)

Having doubts over the new tank build :(

Thinking of maybe a 75P instead of a 60P. Would bump me up to 40g. Could up my schools and get dwarf rainbow fish. Not sure though. What you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom