So excited look at my new tank ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
donna541 said:
Any suggestion as wat to stock it with :)

Thats wild looking! How many gallons is it? The first thing I'd stock it with is some seeded filter media and pure ammo to get it cycled :). Check out the link in my sig for info if you don't already have it. Then, I'm thinking something really active like Danios would love it in there.

I had a set up like that it was 2 instead of three but I had a betta colony I blocked off the hole just for a little bit I then put a betta in both tanks waited for two weeks and opened the holes up (by then the bettas established their territory) then I added a school of neon tetras (10) and they went back and forth while the bettas stayed in their tanks it was kinda cool

It's about 13g so not big but totally class looking ... The tunnels are 3inches wide ... Oh yeah I will be cycling it, I have a filter already in my newly cycled tank colonising away lol yeah I like the sound of bettas !!

Thinking some black and red stripped danios or maybe some rummy nose tetras ?? Any suggestion greatly received :)

donna541 said:
It's about 13g so not big but totally class looking ... The tunnels are 3inches wide ... Oh yeah I will be cycling it, I have a filter already in my newly cycled tank colonising away lol yeah I like the sound of bettas !!

It's 13 gallons total? Since there won't be a lot of open swim room...I'm not certain Danios would be an ideal choice. What about a bunch of playful Pygmy Corys to swim around and a Betta as a centerpiece (they're compatible, right?).

donna541 said:
Thinking some black and red stripped danios or maybe some rummy nose tetras ?? Any suggestion greatly received :)

U could do galaxys, harlequin rasborias, hatchets, mosquitos anything that's small

eco23 said:
It's 13 gallons total? Since there won't be a lot of open swim room...I'm not certain Danios would be an ideal choice. What about a bunch of playful Pygmy Corys to swim around and a Betta as a centerpiece (they're compatible, right?).

Yeah

Ammonia. ;)

Are you doing planted or no?

EDIT: Only 13g total?! it looks much bigger compared to the counter. (Not that 13g is bad, just looks much bigger(which is good.))

What I like about community tanks of schoolers with bettas is the bettas keep everyone in check they make schooling fish school because there spooked

How is the water flow between the three or are you adding separate filters to each tank?

You need fish that like to streak :)..they would use those tunnels as a racetrack.

Back
Top Bottom