So far So good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkroc701

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I started a 5 gallon up a few months back and got on here and since I was new alot of people who were looking out for me highly suggested I not push this 5 gallon. I got me a 55 and am piecing it together now and was going to hold off on life in the 5 gallon, well as you all know that doesn't work. I currently have 3 hermit crabs, an emerald crab, peppermint shrimp, yellow clown goby, a greenbay packer zoa, star polyps, xenia, and finger leathers. I also have another piece I thought was a leather, but have been told it looks like an acro. Still not sure. Some of the coral is about a week old. I have had it up and funning since March time frame. When the 55 is up and running everything will get transfered to it. I do water changes about once a week, check my water every 2 to 3 days, and check the salinity more then that. I am including a picture taken after I got a couple new corals.

As for my 55 I am down to needing circulation powerheads and debating on how to set up an overflow. Sump is being built, base rock is curing (not cycling). Thanks to those of you who have helped me in the past with this 5 gallon and trust me within the next month this tank will be a frag tank only.

I gorgot the pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0017.jpg
    0017.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 0018.jpg
    0018.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 280
Looks like leather coral to me, not an acropora, but the picture is a bit fuzzy...

You might want to put the green star polyps and the xenia on the sandbed, as they spread like disease!

Looks like you got you some cyano as well, but seeing as this is a new tank it is expected. Youll want to keep an eye on it though and suck it out with PWCs..

Looking good!
Matt

Matt,

I started sucking it out yester day when I did my water change. I'm being told that piece in question is a kenya tree possibly. I hade them in the sand but since I am running a small PC light they are reaching for the light so bad I had to move them up. When they move over to the 55 I'll have them under MH lights so I can keep them on the sand then as they will get the right amount of lighting then. If they grow out to quick in my 5 I can always frag them down I guess.

And thanks for the comments.

Pics a little blurry but it does look like a Kenya tree coral.

Thanks TC. Good to see you again. Getting close to getting my 55 up and then all this will get moved over. This little 5 has come along way. You been helping since the begining so thank you. Oh and I ended up getting an Oddysea Dual MH with T5's and LEDs. So no poor man special for me :)

Looks like you are on your way. Good luck and have fun..

Oh I'll still be on here. Always need help with stuff. Luckily for me I found 2 reefers who have been a huge help so far somewhat close to me. If it weren't for them and those on here and the other site I use I'd be lost. I'll try and keep posting pictures as I continue to build my 55 up.

Back
Top Bottom