Starting 75gal help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea it could if there isn't enough in the tank to hold it over. If you have any decor in the tank you can move it over for the time being too.

Maybe I'll do the decor thing. Some of my decorations have a bit of algae or something on them. Will that hurt the tank in anyway??

Here's an update. The ammonia had started to drop so I dosed it back up. Tested last night and it looks like it dropped more plus nitrites are showing up! Here are the results:

image-1471542802.jpg

Sweet! Progress is always a good thing. Cycling a tank is awful...it's so hard to be patient haha

Here's an update. Just tested the water again. And it look like the trates might be between 0 and 5. What do you guys think?

image-417394131.jpg

Think about seeding the tank a lot more tomorrow when I do my wc on my other tank.

Here's an update. Just tested the water again. And it look like the trates might be between 0 and 5. What do you guys think?

Think about seeding the tank a lot more tomorrow when I do my wc on my other tank.

I cannot believe that it is still reading like that. I thought for sure it was gonna go fast. If it has any trates it's not far from zero

Went ahead and beefed up the seeding material in my tank. Took a considerable amount of media from my one filter in my other tank plus a lot of tank water with rinsed filter water. If that doesn't do it. Then not sure what is going on.

Tested water last night. Still no change. Not sure what is going on!!!

Tested water again. Results below. It looks like the tank has cycled. Hopefully I didn't wait too long to dose it back up with ammonia. Just did that and i will test again tomorrow or Saturday.

image-1046785342.jpg

Tested water again. Results below. It looks like the tank has cycled. Hopefully I didn't wait too long to dose it back up with ammonia. Just did that and i will test again tomorrow or Saturday.
how's it going today? I was starting to wonder what was going on. All that seed and it still took this long, doesn't make sense to me

how's it going today? I was starting to wonder what was going on. All that seed and it still took this long, doesn't make sense to me

I'm still at work but will test again when I get home and post the results. I have no clue why it took so long I put quite a bit of seeding material in. I just hope I didn't wait to long to add more ammonia and my bb die.

Looks like I over did it on the ammonia. Will this hurt the cycling??

image-2186741979.jpg

Looks like I over did it on the ammonia. Will this hurt the cycling??

I wouldn't think so it may just take a little longer to convert. You added yesterday, right? Was it back to zero today? If so then just add a little ammonia everyday till the day before your planning on getting fish. That day do a water change to lower the nitrates

Back
Top Bottom