Starting a 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was refering to you thread about the 10g tank "so are you going to have cabinet doors and such? and please do make a new thread. people are looking for a thread about a 10 gallon, not a thread about a 150-200 gallon tank lol! But seriously, start a new one. I am hoping for another reef build thread like neilanh's or ziggy's, think about it, you could be the new cool build thread!

Then I was making a joke about the size of the tank; because I am so far behind there were 2 pagers between.

My attempt of humor - bad humor. Just laugh at me.

lol next time use the button that says quote on the bottom right of the post. now that i get it, its pretty funny actually lol!

Okay everyone let's get back to Flakes thread............

Seems to be doing okay. Guy at my lfs doesn;t think it's slime algae, that since the tank is so small, fluxuations are causing all sorts of algae. Which makes sense. It seems to be dying off just like the diatoms did. I did go get some nassarius snails who should eventually clean up the sand. :)

Me too. But it seems to be disappearing as fast as it popped up, so hopefully i'll get coralline next burst :D

The coralline burst that I had (and still going) is awesome! It replaced all the ugly brown from the diatoms and made everything this awesome neon green and dark red/purple color on the LR!

I can't wait for that. Everything's so bland. I'm starting to get some green in there, but it appeared with the red so I don't think it'll be staying. shame, it was nice to see color.

I know. The only problem is, even though i've gotten every algae known to man, it's still more interesting than the freshies. I've been converted!

I'm trying not to turn my 55g into a reef and make the big tank an aggressive tank. Salt is so much fun. :)

I know. The only problem is, even though i've gotten every algae known to man, it's still more interesting than the freshies. I've been converted!

I'm trying not to turn my 55g into a reef and make the big tank an aggressive tank. Salt is so much fun. :)

I know, I have a 5g molly fry tank and I feel bad because I have virtually little to no interest anymore (I feel bad and neglectful). I have been putting ALL my time into my SW and you know what, I will always continue the SW and have multiple tanks...I have been converted and will never go back!

:bulb:

MOst of the fish were given to me, so they're not even fish I picked. I do feel bad about it, but if I put the ones I like in a 20g or something the 10g cal move into the 55 >> It's terrible. They convert fast

Here's a shot of my friends tank at 2 years of age.
img_1013412_0_711a8c008400616fbb9c7dbfa756628c.jpg

Takes lots of pateince. If you have any coralling on one or more of your LR, you could do what I do and scrape it off the rock into the flow of a powerhead. Turn off the return pump so it circulates in the DT.

Last edited:
wow that's impressive. That's not a bad idea actually :D
If you llook carefully you will see that his PH and return are totally covered with coralline. I don't know how effecent that is though.

Oh wow. I couldn't even figure out what was underneath it all. Probably not efficient, but pretty :D

Back
Top Bottom