Starting Up A Nano!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another thing to remember is that their are all kinds of toxic Corals and fish. Even Palys have a neurotoxin that can harm corals, fish and even yourself. Always wash your hands after handling zoas or Palys and even leathers. Never touch your eyes, nose or mouth(any mucous membranes).

Protect any cuts on your hands before handling neurotoxins or any other. I did research with neurotoxins for a bit and know quite a lot.. Bioengineering ;)

Ya I heard some fragger was in the hospital for more than a week because of some zoos. Too avoid that I would use gloves with nothing on them ( some have powder on them)

Wow. That's intense. Good to know for sure. Going to keep the fish bc he is just way too cute...love the way he hovers around. He seems to be doing great in the tank. Fed him some brine, two separate times today and he made sure he ate all of it both times. Made sure I washed my hands, as always...but I will be sure to have a box of powder free non latex gloves beside the tank...rocks to work in the healthcare industry:)

Oh and btw. My parents got a sebae anemone today. Any success stories? They have our paired percs so they are hoping they host...just like any other clown fish parent of course:)

img_1510612_0_0fe5f1177bdef66dd993ee343cf0e24c.jpg

img_1510612_1_b30f21e6003e248e70a25ea30c407d55.jpg

And here is our goby:) Cannot believe the mess he made of our inverts in the sand. They were all moved this afternoon. Never had a sand sifter before! :)

And...something for fun. My new quilt for my bed...eventually will use it:) Couldnt pass it up!

img_1510612_2_09257682a09ec41a9a210b29a09fc2f4.jpg

img_1510612_3_ebb43ca56b28974b5c6815c347647ca5.jpg

I would be pretty nervous about the nem. Just risky. They are pretty but for clownfish to host you could just get a cheaper, easier to care for, coral. Toadstool is a good example. Good luck with it though. And love the goby and quilt lol.

Thanks. My Dad insisted so well see how the nem goes.

And thanks about the quilt. So excited.

Couple more pics of the goby. He's doing an amazing job of sand sifting!

img_1513290_0_0c12bd0707e538b4e718995bc4b16a1f.jpg

I was watching a jawfish sift sand at my lfs this morning and it was SOOOO cool. There was also a mandarin dragonet. Hehe I was pretty happy.

I love LFS:)

I know exactly what you mean! Do you have suggestions for one more fish? Needs to get along with the goby and long horn cowfish.

I've always liked the pajama cardinalfish. They are considered floaters though. Actually, any cardinals are cool. I like the pajama for an oddball fish and the bangai if your looking for an elegant black and white fish

Fotopoulos said:
Thanks. My Dad insisted so well see how the nem goes.

And thanks about the quilt. So excited.

Couple more pics of the goby. He's doing an amazing job of sand sifting!

Twin spot goby <3 I'm getting a pair in the mail soon! Can't wait!

An update...

Tank is awesome. All the verts growing amazing...except our little boxfish passed away. He was stuck to the filter yesterday...water parameters were fine, still are, and the goby seems to be 100%. Not sure what happened...sad, but happy he didn't nuke the whole tank.

Was their construction at the house? I have heard of them dying because of that but i don't really know what would cause it to die like that. They aren't that hardy of a fish so that might be it also but I'm not completely sure, I don't know all that much about them. Sorry for the loss.

No construction. Apparently they don't adapt to tanks well and apparently, although everything is great, he didn't adapt to outs. Bummer. I loved him. So cute how he would spit water at the rocks. Will def miss him:)

Well don't give up on it. If you want another, wait a month or two and try again. It might have been the previous owner. you just never know.

Do you have a clown? There are fancier ones than just the perc, false perc, and b&w. There's the Picasso, and many others that I forgot the name of at this moment lol.

We has a pair of small ones. True percs and gave them to my parents bc they have a bigger tank. And or LFS doesn't really do fancy fish...I love the Picasso triggerfish...but I'm thinking we need to start up the 30g if we wanna have more options.

Back
Top Bottom