Stocking A 150 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to avoid any fish that conflict with the angle because it's the centerpiece of the aquarium and the one fish that the wife actually wants

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So the current stock is
2- Marble Angels
8- Silver Hatchet Fish
20- Cardinal Tetras
1- Rainbow Shark
5- Panda Cory Cats
5- Albino Cory Cats
10- Kuhli Loaches
5- Silver Dollars
2- Dwarf Gourami

That sounds like one heck of a tank you should have no issues and have a colorful interesting community.

Now I know this is a little off topic. But now that I have figure out what I want in the tank. Do I need to have a lot of artificial plants or can I have predominantly rocks with the plant every now and again. And also just to be on the safe side sand won't cause a problem with any of these fish?

Make sure to have at least 5 large caves. I would try to have at least 6 decent sized silk plants. It just makes it look more realistic.

I will probably have a little more then that. I just didn't really want to have a forest of plants.

Oh yah you don't need a forest by any means but I mean plants will look good.

Not including maintenence on the tank. The Cory cats and kuhli loaches should do a decent job at turning up the sand and cleaning the tank?

They will turn sand and clean up scraps but you will still need to do at least 25% water changes every week to control nitrates.

Awsome. With that many fish will my fluval be able to keep up or will I need to buy another small filter?

You should be fine with that big of a filter. But you could buy anotherif you want the more filtration the better.

I'm going to do more research on some other odd and end things. I shall post again with either more questions or pics when I start my tank project. I just want to say once again thank you for all the much appreciated help and knowledge.

I tend to disagree on the danio issue, but only if you have a SE Asian biotope with lots of surface plants with long roots and dense jungle Blackwater aquascaping.... It's a lot of work though.
I think this stocklist would be pretty cool
3 angels (try for 1m 2f)
7 silver dollars
5 yoyo loaches
10 hi-fin panda Cory
5 horse head loach
Longfinned cherry barbs (7)
25 Batman oto cats
12 sparkling gourami

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So after reading a little Iv decided that They rainbow shark is off the listing

Ok I know it says rainbows chase fish but they are really harmless if you have plenty of caves and sight breakers but its up to you.

Don't mistake the aggressive red tailed shark for a rainbow shark- in a 150g you could have 2 or 3 rainbows provided you break the line of sight up where as red tailed sharks are one per tank... They are mean fish!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Red tailed sharks get a bad rap I have kept one forever and don't see aggressive behavior ever. It's just a rule you keep 1 rainbow or red tailed shark per tank. They are both highly aggressive towards each other.

Back
Top Bottom