Stocking A 150 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think these posted last post

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1392504041764.jpg
    1392504041764.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 1392504085987.jpg
    1392504085987.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 1392504136467.jpg
    1392504136467.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 50
Thanks that was helpful but also brought up some more questions. Do you have to use specific substrate? Iv read very conflicting things saying that you can use any substrate to where is has to be rocks thay are only so big

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Gouramis are really interesting fish, I would try adding some - I doubt u will have any aggression problems considering the size of your tank.

I actually really like gouramis. So after reading I don't think that silver dollars will be a good choice since iv read that they like to eat plants by the truck load

Silver dollars are like the pirhana of herbivores. I can't plant my 150g because of my 2 rescued silver dollars. They even ate my java moss and water sprite lol. Gourami are an excellent choice for planted tanks- with your tank you could get away with 5 harems of betta (my harems are 1m 4f) and still keep 3-4 gourami not to mention a school of 3 clown loach!!!!

Just a suggestion for research purposes- look up SE Asian blackwater planted biotope images....

Don't clown loaches get to a size of 12 inches

Yes, but usually by the time they get that size they are lazy and peaceful, preferring to lay down on the substrate and play dead then bother with anything or any one- just make sure they are kept well fed!! Lol

It takes a while though I have never seem one over 8 but they are awesome fish.

Would they try to eat the cardinal tetras?

So now that iv decided to go a completely different direction and the wife being okay with not having angelfish now. I would really like to have ghost shrimp or a version of shrimp. I think they would be a awesome addition

My true suggestions, though, with all things considered for a good start for your adventure- 20 julii cory (or other 'dwarf' cory of your preference) or 6-8 yoyo loach, school of 8-12 rosy/tiger/glass barbs, 15 dwarf oto, 3 paradise gourami and a pair of gold/blue gourami...

Ok then, scratch that lol

I'm open to all suggestions but I would really like to incorporate kuhli loaches, Cory cats, and some version of shrimp. I know that this might be difficult but I hope it's possible

Ghost shrimp will be hard to really keep track of in this large of a gourami tank- understanding that I'd suggest looking at sparkling gourami or variations of the gold/ blue gourami, a few rabbit snails, a mystery snail and a few schools of small bodied barbs and danios of your preference

Iv tried to satay away from snails the whole time iv done aquariums. Iv heard they are like rabbits and over take tanks

Look into something like

1- Blue Gourami
1- Gold Gourami
10- Cherry Barbs
10- Kuhli Loach
10- Cory Cats
4- Siamese Algae Eater
As many ghost shrimp as you want
10- Leopard Danio
10- Gold Barb

Now the gouramis even though there different kinds do I still need to have 1 male 1 female?

Also cherry barbs are really cool looking fish but I noticed that you can buy a albino version that is a cool color. Will the 2 stay in a school or go there own separate ways?

Back
Top Bottom