Stocking a 16 Widescreen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the shipping doesn't go flawlessly then we will all blame the USPS.:whistle:
I got 5 girls going out Monday!

I find it actually funny that even among my own stock I believe there is a deficiancy of females?
Many fish actually can be sexed out according to water parameters.
Or more correctly water parameters can have a serious influence on the sex of fry.
I wonder if there is something to be further researched on this....

I am honored to be chosen to supply a female by the way!:thanks:

It has been found that both temp and water hardness can skew ratios one way or the other.

If the shipping doesn't go flawlessly then we will all blame the USPS.:whistle:
I got 5 girls going out Monday!

I am honored to be chosen to supply a female by the way!:thanks:

Only the best make the cut, CB!
My male better respect her, or else he's in for a whoopin!
Can't wait to see her!

Got the ram girl today! She's in drip right now. Going to post some pics once she's in the tank. I definitely recommend CoralBandit for rams and whatever else he ships, excellent packaging, super friendly and no confusion whatsoever! Thanks!

Here she is in the tank!

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1445457540260.jpg
    1445457540260.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 1445457573773.jpg
    1445457573773.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 45
Already seeing some cool behavior, no aggression from what I can tell. Flaring up to each other, some nudging and circling. Probably just checking each other out. Never seen Steven so colored up and dark before.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looking pretty good Nils, hope to see that lovely red blob on her tummy when she settles in.......

Got the ram girl today! She's in drip right now. Going to post some pics once she's in the tank. I definitely recommend CoralBandit for rams and whatever else he ships, excellent packaging, super friendly and no confusion whatsoever! Thanks!

Thank you so much!
Very happy she made it to you all good and the pics say I think you are going to happy(maybe not as happy as Steven...) but happy!

Looking forward to how this all works out!!
Thank you also for choosing my fish.(y)

Rams are laying eggs as we speak!
They've already laid a couple, over on the right side in some crypt leaves under the heater. I see them pecking at the substrate over on this side, so I'm not sure if they are eating the eggs or not. She has some hanging out of her butt too, not sure what it's called in science terms. I think they are eating the eggs, but I'm sure they'll get it that those are their kids that they're eating soon :) They are attacking snails and shrimp if they get too close to this corner though lol. Will they lay eggs on the larger gravel granules in the substrate? I've seen couple pics of eggs in a pit in the ground on some larger gravel. Well, we'll see how it goes.
In other news, the amano shrimp I recently transferred from the 5.5 is berried. Pretty cool but I know I won't have any more shrimp.

They will be gone when you get up Nils, but a good start.....

Yea that's what I was thinking as well. Thanks for the input.
Still guarding the same area though. Cleaning up the pits, sitting in them doing shaking motions, and she has the little breeding tube thing right where her anal area is. Cool to see the behavior, I'm definitely learning something from it! Lol when I walk up to the tank, they both immediately flare up and come to the front where they can see me. I just noticed them cleaning spots off on the amazon sword near the crypt, potential breeding site? Well, we'll see tomorrow! ;)

Has he coloured up,?? I think Rams are beautiful, they have this iridescent sparkle to their colour, when they really settle in you should think of a breeding tank as they get very feisty little bug### rd....lol

Has he coloured up,?? I think Rams are beautiful, they have this iridescent sparkle to their colour, when they really settle in you should think of a breeding tank as they get very feisty little bug### rd....lol

Yea, they've colored up! Never seen my male this colored before I got the female. Lol I can see how they are just from feeding, they attacked the tweezers when they came too close to the nest. It's cool when they sit in the right light, because then you cannery see the blue flecks in the tail and the blue along their back. Nothing better than a flared up, adult ram :)

I've been observing this for the past couple days, it is pretty cool. My bulbs are shooting stems up to the top, and now there is a big white flower about an inch above the water line. Thought I would post a pic for you guys to see ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446505497.164769.jpg

Also a not so great pic of the rams ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446505531.819379.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

She doesn't like him yet:/ he likes her though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

She doesn't like him yet:/ he likes her though..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You think? I've also noticed that her colors aren't as good as they should be. They laid a couple eggs in the beginning, are always together and are guarding certain spots. I'll give em some time to get used to each other. I'm just glad they're not fighting :)

Back
Top Bottom