Stocking a 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, who told you that? There are some nippy tetras, but in general they are considered pretty peaceful.

At the aquarium store. They said neons are always good, but other common and larger tetras can be nippy with other fish like guppies. With that in mind I felt I needed to decide between a tetra tank or do without them. I will have neons for sure, maybe even the black neons.

At the aquarium store. They said neons are always good, but other common and larger tetras can be nippy with other fish like guppies. With that in mind I felt I needed to decide between a tetra tank or do without them. I will have neons for sure, maybe even the black neons.

Well I'm not really familiar with the larger Tetras, but if that's what a pet store employee told you then I'm sure it's correct. Good luck!

Did they name specific species? Some nippy tetras are:
congo
diamond
serpae

and sometimes
black skirt
lemon

But as far as I know that's pretty much it.

Did they name specific species? Some nippy tetras are:
congo
diamond
serpae

and sometimes
black skirt
lemon

But as far as I know that's pretty much it.

Oh I'm not sure now... All I remember is the ones I really liked I was told were nippy lol. Figures! The black skirt one is definitely familiar sounding.

Well I'm not really familiar with the larger Tetras, but if that's what a pet store employee told you then I'm sure it's correct. Good luck!

I don't always trust what an employee would say, but this guy has been doing it for years and years now... So I think I can trust him. :)

I've got black skirts In With my guppies and platies, and never had a problem as long as you have a few of them, they tend to chase each other rather than the other fish. Cool fish though :)

Back
Top Bottom